Avast CS3 Cone Skimmer Design Revision

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

-Logzor

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I noticed on your site the revised design is anticipated sometime this Spring. I've been shopping for a new skimmer and like the idea of building my own with one of your kits. Can you tell us more about the design changes, pump configuration, and ETA for the release?

Regarding the in-sump recirculating design, how does that work? I like that it allows the skimmer to function better if the water level changes.

AVAST Marine

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Two. The spec will be the same, the major difference will be in user interface.

OP
OP
-Logzor

-Logzor

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does this skimmer require a third pump (feed pump) to operate as an in-sump skimmer? Sorry I'm not terrible familiar with recirculating skimmers and how they operate. I like the idea that water level fluctuations do not impact skimmer performance but I'm concerned, from a maintenance and heat generation perspective, that another pump is needed for the skimmer for perform optimally.

AVAST Marine

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does this skimmer require a third pump (feed pump) to operate as an in-sump skimmer? Sorry I'm not terrible familiar with recirculating skimmers and how they operate. I like the idea that water level fluctuations do not impact skimmer performance but I'm concerned, from a maintenance and heat generation perspective, that another pump is needed for the skimmer for perform optimally.

It does not require a third pump with the new design.

OP
OP
-Logzor

-Logzor

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the info. I noticed today that your website was updated with the Pegleg 250 cone skimmer!

Does the price include the pumps?

AVAST Marine

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes it was and it does now include the pumps, because of this and the MAP pricing for Sicce pumps the price is actually $120 cheaper than they were before when you bought pumps separately. We will still sell these without pumps or with one pump but you need to contact us for pricing, it is not something we can advertise any longer ;)

OP
OP
-Logzor

-Logzor

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like the website is showing that it's out of stock. Will it be available for purchase soon?

AVAST Marine

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very soon, we are just finishing up a few things and are making a couple last minute revisions to make final assembly a little easier.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 94 75.8%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 12.1%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 6.5%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 1.6%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

• Other.

Back