AZ FRAG February Meeting: 2/16 @ 3PM

evolved

[email protected]
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Join us for our February meeting! Please note that some things have changed for this year!
For every meeting, the first hour will be a short presentation/discussion/demo, and the second hour will feature a coral auction.

This meeting we'll be conducing a course on making your own fish food! We'll cover the DIY aspect of food and show you how to prep your own.

For the auction afterwards, please be a member in good standing prior to 2:30PM. If you do not a bidder number from the past please arrive by 2:30 to get one. This meeting DOES require club dues.

2034 E Southern Ave.
Mesa, AZ 85204

When:
February 16th 3:00pm to 5:00pm
Coral auction begins at 4:00pm

SELLERS……Please list your Bidder number and up to 10 corals for the auction with the starting bid. Pictures are encouraged. You have until the Thursday night before the auction at 9pm to list. Please have your corals available for the 2:30 viewing.

There might be some PROP frags available; they'll be listed below if we have any.

Please NO posting a reserved spot, those post will be ignored. If you have your list and are waiting on pictures that is fine. Please also try not to add or change any items if possible. This is very helpful when putting the auction program together. We look forward to another great auction!

Jason Hieger

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm bummed on the lack of action here. I'm getting another Battle Corals shipment tomorrow and need to trim a few things back. I can bring them Saturday if there's interest. I will post pictures tomorrow. @evolved your input would be appreciated. Not sure if an auction is worth it? Let me know what your thoughts are.

I can bring:
Red Dragon
Green Anacropora
Green/Purple Hammer - Multiple Heads X2
Blue Digi
Peach Digi
Blue Plating Monti
Purple Stylophora X2

OP
OP
evolved

evolved

[email protected]
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Doesn’t look like anyone is going to be selling anything this weekend?
Not yet...
I'm bummed on the lack of action here.
Us too! :(
@evolved your input would be appreciated. Not sure if an auction is worth it?
It's not uncommon for several to wait until the last minute. But if you're the only one, it might be easier for all if you just list them up with a selling price and sell them outright on your own at the meeting. We can certainly do an auction with just them though, if you prefer.

noonelikesadrytang

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’d love for us to get away from having the last minute add ons... Not that I mind more sellers, it just makes it tough to look up what they’re selling, with the short notice.

OP
OP
evolved

evolved

[email protected]
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We'll extended the listing deadline until 5PM tomorrow (Friday) night. Get your stuff posted by then!

Epic Aquaculture

The artist formerly known as SawCJack00
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just a thought, but maybe put the meeting post up a couple of weeks before the meeting in order to remind people who may want to cut some frags for it. Unfortunately I can't make it this month, but next month should be good. I wouldn't have any frags yet anyway, but I'm always looking to shop :)

TMB

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just a thought, but maybe put the meeting post up a couple of weeks before the meeting in order to remind people who may want to cut some frags for it. Unfortunately I can't make it this month, but next month should be good. I wouldn't have any frags yet anyway, but I'm always looking to shop :)

That might be a good idea^^. I’ll be at the meeting and always looking for new stuff.

I have a few things I could bring, It’s all run of the mill, and nothing really cool. So I keep waffling as to whether it’s even worth doing. Not because of the time to do so, but because I’m not sure if anyone wants these:
Purple Stylo, Red Setosa, Sunset Monty, Mummy Eye, random Rics, and a few others that I can’t think of right now.

If you guys think these would be worthwhile let me know. I’m admittedly new to the club and never put anything into the auction, so I was planning on attending for a while before jumping in.

Thanks for your input!

OP
OP
evolved

evolved

[email protected]
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That might be a good idea^^. I’ll be at the meeting and always looking for new stuff.

I have a few things I could bring, It’s all run of the mill, and nothing really cool. So I keep waffling as to whether it’s even worth doing. Not because of the time to do so, but because I’m not sure if anyone wants these:
Purple Stylo, Red Setosa, Sunset Monty, Mummy Eye, random Rics, and a few others that I can’t think of right now.

If you guys think these would be worthwhile let me know. I’m admittedly new to the club and never put anything into the auction, so I was planning on attending for a while before jumping in.

Thanks for your input!
No need to be shy ;)
If you want to sell them, list them. :) FWIW, in general stonies and zoas historically do the best. The market for softies tends to be a bit "soft", lol. But you never know what someone might be after - there's little consistency from one auction to the next on what sells the best.

OP
OP
evolved

evolved

[email protected]
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the input, and that's generally the goal. We had a bit of a slow start this year and this meeting falls only 3 weeks after the last, and to be perfectly honest we didn't have the meeting topic settled until a week ago. But I vow to provide better notice moving forward - we're already planning ahead for April/May so it shouldn't be a persistent issue.

TMB

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, you convinced me, so I dug a few more out.

1. 739 BC Rainbows in Spain (Spainbow) - 20
2. 739 Sunset Monti - 5
3. 739 Red Setosa Monti - 5
4. 739 Green Birdsnest - 5
5. 739 Purple Stylo - 5
6. 739 Purple Stag - 5

9986EA4D-8420-4473-B5AD-DC54A72B312D.jpeg

3BC3DFE3-E71C-4861-86A0-CA239A5F5B57.jpeg

8E6E5916-9131-46C1-9FCC-708C1DE303D9.jpeg

78C99617-C16C-4573-B140-C95614F99E50.jpeg
FD0E28BC-BE61-47ED-BEDC-DD52439F0A97.jpeg
C6D766A1-E70D-42B7-8376-252A5A7CC738.jpeg

Frick

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Might have some nice piece from the west side in the auction too. Waiting on them to confirm.

Pyroferus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ive got a few id like to auction off, might have missed the dead line. If that's the case ill bring them from trade. pictures are terrible, they were taken right b4 my lights went out.

yellow acro.jpg

unknowndigi.jpg

greenslimer.jpg

hawkins.jpg

unknowntopdown.jpg

stag.jpg

unknow acro.jpg

hawkinstopview.png

Frick

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can still bring them. I can add stuff there now as long as you get there a little early.

vanpire

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks like an awesome meeting. I wish I could have come. Alas, another trip out of town. I would have liked to have been able to bid on some of the smooth skin acros. They look awesome. Hope I can make it to the next one.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 32 26.4%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 39 32.2%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 37 30.6%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 9 7.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.3%
Back