B4tn’s 2 gallon cookie jar reef build

Tokash23

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any updates on your jar? I have one i am going to be setting up pretty much this same size. I have been combing the site for ideas and input.

OP
OP
b4tn

b4tn

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I actually broke it down. The idea was to create something the family would show interest in and it ended up being an extra couple hours a week. Instead I incorporated it into my sump so I can grow softies separate from my SPS dominate display.
ECD57637-0396-4ECB-9673-925EE5C2D597.jpeg

Tokash23

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Understandable i had a 40 gallon breeder about 2 years ago that was coming along nicely and it developed a stress crack when i moved and eventually flooded the floor in my basement. I donated all the livestock to a friend (he promptly killed everything) and threw everything else away. Lately i have been wanting to do something small and my parents have the perfect little jar. And like you im hoping to maybe get my 2 and a half year old daughter involved. Doesnt hurt to try anyway right.

OP
OP
b4tn

b4tn

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Understandable i had a 40 gallon breeder about 2 years ago that was coming along nicely and it developed a stress crack when i moved and eventually flooded the floor in my basement. I donated all the livestock to a friend (he promptly killed everything) and threw everything else away. Lately i have been wanting to do something small and my parents have the perfect little jar. And like you im hoping to maybe get my 2 and a half year old daughter involved. Doesnt hurt to try anyway right.

I think its an excellent and easy way to get going again. Its really not hard ant all and can be very successful. My time was just limited and my main reef is enough work as is lol

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 45 29.2%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 3.2%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 42 27.3%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 54 35.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 5.2%
Back