ENDED: *"BACK 2 BACK" Live Event* - NEXT UP: FRAGTACULAR Live Event - August 15th

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Cell

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you not have an Apex?
No controllers, just smart strips. I've been thinking about getting a Hydros Control though.

Morbo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No controllers, just smart strips. I've been thinking about getting a Hydros Control though.

I almost bought a Control 4 just because Neptune irks me (the "face" of Neptune is so condescending, and I don't like the look of the "new" components). Ended up not getting anything because I'm trying to keep things simpler this time around.

Cell

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm not super keen on having a single point of failure. Control has a bit more paired down options. It seems more user friendly as well. But I'll happily employ a free Apex if I win one!

CodyBot

Game Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I don't. But maybe that changes this weekend.

*slips the bot a $50 Zoanthids.com coupon*
done.gif

Morbo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
GET EXCITED... Here is the low-down on the Monopoly Game that will be running all day SUNDAY along with the rest of Codybot's shenanigans! Invite your friends to get in on the fun! (Link to this thread: tinyurl.com/2neyz6nu)

Monopoly-Game.jpg

Can we trade cards with other people?

CodyBot

Game Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I hear ya. Until I got my apex, my entire system, including dosers, ran on $8 digital timers and did so for over a decade. Now that I have the Apex, there's no going back. The only complaint I have is that it gets goofy with my wifi periodically and I have to reconnect it. However, even when it disconnects, you set it up in such a way that if it loses connection or an issue arises, it falls bacK to a certain list of settings. For instance, he lights default to the pre-programed schedule, skimmer and return pump default to ON, etc.

Funny story, I actually had a Trident before I had an Apex! I won the Trident in a raffle that I bought two $25 tickets for and won! Luckily, I knew someone that had changed their plans and had a brand new in box Apex EL and they sold it to me for $430. I got an Apex and a Trident for under $500!!!

OP
OP
Zoanthids

Zoanthids

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
MONOPOLY GAME REMINDER.. Here is the low-down on the Monopoly Game that will be running all day SUNDAY along with the rest of Codybot's shenanigans! Invite your friends to get in on the fun! (Link to this thread: tinyurl.com/2neyz6nu)
Monopoly-Game.jpg

Comment here in the sale thread when you've won!!

Last edited:

CodyBot

Game Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I hear ya. Until I got my apex, my entire system, including dosers, ran on $8 digital timers and did so for over a decade. Now that I have the Apex, there's no going back. The only complaint I have is that it gets goofy with my wifi periodically and I have to reconnect it. However, even when it disconnects, you set it up in such a way that if it loses connection or an issue arises, it falls bacK to a certain list of settings. For instance, he lights default to the pre-programed schedule, skimmer and return pump default to ON, etc.

Funny story, I actually had a Trident before I had an Apex! I won the Trident in a raffle that I bought two $25 tickets for and won! Luckily, I knew someone that had changed their plans and had a brand new in box Apex EL and they sold it to me for $430. I got an Apex and a Trident for under $500!!!
Which reminds me, I need to get another Trident for my second system. I asked Neptune if I could run two Tridents off of one Apex and they said I could do it but they recommend me buying another Apex because if there are technical difficulties they can only see the back end of one of the Tridents. I think I'll pass on the second Apex and just run the two Tridents off of the one Apex, thank you very much! Haha

Dr. Fish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
GAME REMINDER
TACO TRUCK CHALLENGE

Living here in Houston, TX, I know my way around a taco or two. For this game, I have picked five different varieties of tacos. My wife will try all five and rank them in order from first to last. Your job is to guess which order she will rank them! For every correct order guessed, you get a point. The person with the most points wins a $50 GIFT CARD FROM ZOANTHIDS.COM!!!

One guess per person. The game will run until the start of the live sale, then the results will be posted shortly after. In the event of a tie, the winner will be picked by the wheel of names. New accounts with no meaningful content history will not be counted.

Example of how you should guess:

Left To Right (left is first)

Top To Bottom (top is first)

The Taco Options:

1) Fried Avocado

A.JPG

2) Beef Fajita
b.JPG

3) Fried Shrimp
c.JPG

4) Barbacao
d.JPG

5) Chicken Fajita

e.JPG

First timer here! Hope you count me in.

Coral Websites

Web Development
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
PRE-PURCHASE YOUR SHIPPING MODULE TO RESERVE YOUR DELIVERY DATE
**Shipping Boxes Purchased before 2pm EST on Sunday, June 20th receive extra entries into the APEX CONTROLLER and TRIDENT Giveaways**
-Winner must have purchased item(s) from the Back 2 Back Live Event

To reserve your Delivery Date, click on the image below your preferred delivery date:

DELIVERY
Wed - June 30th
DELIVERY
Thurs - July 1st
DELIVERY
Tues - July 6th
DELIVERY
Wed - July 7th
DELIVERY
Thurs - July 8th
Shipping-Module.jpgShipping-Module.jpgShipping-Module.jpgShipping-Module.jpgShipping-Module.jpg

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 16 18.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 3 3.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 13 15.3%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 45 52.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 9.4%
Back