Back to the marine reef aquarium

Reefbase1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been a scuba diver for many years and love to have my two feet in the water. That sport keeps me close to reefing and help me to learn a lot when diving how the marine creatures live on a reef. So, after 15 years away from the hobby, I'm back again with a new tank. My old tanks were a 50-gal, 110 gal then went for a 130 gal and they were never big enough. This time I found a store downtown that built custom tank. The tank is being built right now and it should be ready to add water around mid-July 2024. It will be a 382 gal, not counting the sump. The size is 84 inches long X 40 inches wide X 27 inches high. I'm amazed to see all the new equipment available to reefers compared to what was available years ago. This time, I will have a Neptune Apex Pro system to help automate my new reef. I just start reading about how to write programs for this system.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Welcome to your new home for saltwater reef aquarium resources and fun! Welcome to the family! :D
welcome-home-logo-greeting-png.1484246

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
15   0   0

AlyciaMarie

Where's my anemone?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been a scuba diver for many years and love to have my two feet in the water. That sport keeps me close to reefing and help me to learn a lot when diving how the marine creatures live on a reef. So, after 15 years away from the hobby, I'm back again with a new tank. My old tanks were a 50-gal, 110 gal then went for a 130 gal and they were never big enough. This time I found a store downtown that built custom tank. The tank is being built right now and it should be ready to add water around mid-July 2024. It will be a 382 gal, not counting the sump. The size is 84 inches long X 40 inches wide X 27 inches high. I'm amazed to see all the new equipment available to reefers compared to what was available years ago. This time, I will have a Neptune Apex Pro system to help automate my new reef. I just start reading about how to write programs for this system.
Welcome to R2R, glad you're here! Sounds like you need to start a tank thread so we can all follow the progress. There is a link in my signature on how and where to do that. :)

DO YOU USE A PAR METER WHEN PLACING NEW CORAL IN YOUR TANK?

• Yes! I think it's important for the longterm health/growth of my coral.

Votes: 5 7.1%
  • Yes, but I don't find that it is necessary all the time.

Votes: 16 22.9%
  • Not currently, but I would like to.

Votes: 31 44.3%
  • No. I don't measure PAR and my corals are still healthy/growing.

Votes: 14 20.0%
  • Other (please explain).

Votes: 4 5.7%
Back