Balling method that contains sodium carbonate

morrisDR

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi (hopefully Randy the pro), i was wondering if anyone knows some balling method brands that contain, cal,mag, sodium carbonate and trace elements. (Wanted to use Randy he's balling method but my parents don't want me to mix my own stuff)

I haven't heard of a brand that only has sodium carbonate so I would like to knows some brands that have a higher concentration of sodium carbonate than sodium bicarbonate.

I am currently using ATI essentials but the ph tend to be 7,8-8.1 even if i raise my kh to 9,7.

I am also using kalkwasser but just in my ato. (Does a little bit) i will keep using this product when using the new balling method that is suggested to me.

Corals: sps,lps,giant clam and soft (leather and zoa)

By the way, sadly I live in The Netherlands so BRS, bright well aquatics and some other brands are not available in my country .

I will be thanking everyone for there replies!

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ESV B-ionic (carbonate based) is equivalent (IMO) to normal Tropic Marin Balling (bicarbonate based) in all other respects, including the fact that neither one is a useful trace element supplement to offset any consumption by organisms.

But if you want it to actually include added trace elements beyond what those two add (so now will try to offset consumption), you will have to go with other brands. None of these companies say what is in them the way ESV and Tropic Marin do, so you are trusting them in selecting how much of what. These include companies such as ATI. Some company descriptions are a bit ambiguous whether they are closer to ESV and TM, or ATI, or a simpler (incomplete) set of chemicals.

OP
OP
M

morrisDR

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ESV B-ionic (carbonate based) is equivalent (IMO) to normal Tropic Marin Balling (bicarbonate based) in all other respects, including the fact that neither one is a useful trace element supplement to offset any consumption by organisms.

But if you want it to actually include added trace elements beyond what those two add (so now will try to offset consumption), you will have to go with other brands. None of these companies say what is in them the way ESV and Tropic Marin do, so you are trusting them in selecting how much of what. These include companies such as ATI. Some company descriptions are a bit ambiguous whether they are closer to ESV and TM, or ATI, or a simpler (incomplete) set of chemicals.
Thank you so much! You are working hard and still replying fast!

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 47 41.6%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 12 10.6%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 32 28.3%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 20 17.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.8%
Back