Batch 6 of the ReefBot Lab: Reserve Yours Now!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Reef Kinetics

View Badges
Reaction score

Batch #6: Now Open for Reservation!

We're excited to announce that Batch 6 of the ReefBot Lab is now available for reservations and preorders! Due to the overwhelming demand from our community, we're thrilled to offer you the opportunity to secure your very own ReefBot Lab from our latest batch.

What's New in Batch 6?
Batch (1).png

- Improved Color Sensor: Experience enhanced accuracy and reliability with our upgraded color sensor technology.
- Enhanced Stirring Mechanism: Enjoy smoother and more efficient stirring for precise test results every time.
- LED Switch: Easily control the lighting settings with our new LED switch feature, providing added convenience during operation.
- Easier Access to Maintenance Parts: We've simplified access to maintenance parts, making it easier than ever to keep your ReefBot Lab in optimal condition.
- More updates will be announced accordingly!

Preorder Now and Enjoy Exclusive Benefits:
- Discounted Pricing: Take advantage of our special preorder discount to save on your purchase.
- Free 60ml Vials: Receive 12 free 60ml vials with your preorder, ensuring you have everything you need to get started.
- Priority Shipping: Early reservation will ensure you're among the first to receive your ReefBot Lab.

Don't miss out on this opportunity to elevate your reef-keeping experience with the ReefBot Lab. Reserve your device now to secure these exclusive benefits and join the Reef Kinetics community! Don't forget to use the promo code "Reef2Reef" for an extra special discount!

DSC_2692.jpg

For more information and to place your preorder, visit our website here.

Thank you for your continued support, and we look forward to bringing the ReefBot Lab Batch 6 to your reefkeeping journey!

Sincerely,
Reef Kinetics Team

Inamo

View Badges
Reaction score
Curious about some of the bullet points on the batch 6.

Reagent Access – The new mechanism allows the needle to reach the bottom of the vial for maximum reagent usage.
Has this been improved since the earlier models of the lab? Mine definitely does not go to the bottom.

Enhanced Stirring Mechanism: This will guarantee proper vials’ stirring, especially viscous Nitrate & Phosphate tests.

Improved Color Sensor: Enhanced accuracy and precision with the upgraded color sensor technology.

Easier Access to Maintenance Parts: Simplified access to maintenance parts.
How have these items changed from earlier verions of the lab?

From the pictures it looks like there are now 14 screws that secure the top vs three on mine. Seems like a lot more work to get to doser heads now.

OP
OP
Reef Kinetics

Reef Kinetics

View Badges
Reaction score
Hello Frank! The needle will not go to the bottom because if it goes to the bottom, it will hit the stirrer magnet, causing the needle to get damaged and not collect reagents properly.
How have these items changed from earlier verions of the lab?
The team has developed a new photometer that we have implemented from Batch 5 onwards. This new photometer can detect and read RGB color combinations more accurately and has an improved self-correlation chart for colorimetric tests, allowing us to add more end-color identifications by interpolation.

We have also installed a new stirrer motor with an elevated stirrer motor head. This new head contains stronger magnets that can rotate the stirrer magnets with a stronger and closer force.

To prevent any issues arising from the increased height of the motor, the new testing chamber now has a smaller body. This will prevent the motor from hitting the test chamber. Moreover, the testing chamber now comes with an insulated cover to protect the wires from salts and humidity.

We will be able to provide these two new parts to old users interested in upgrading. Furthermore, we will be releasing a DIY video soon that shows the installation procedure and the difference these new parts make.

From the pictures it looks like there are now 14 screws that secure the top vs three on mine. Seems like a lot more work to get to doser heads now.
Great observation! The picture used is from the first batch of ReefBot Lab. The latest batch of ReefBot Lab has been upgraded with three smaller bolts that can now be easily removed without having any nuts underneath, making removal of the top cover a quick and easy process. Additionally, the wires on the top side have been rearranged to make it easier to identify the different parts.

Inamo

View Badges
Reaction score
We will be able to provide these two new parts to old users interested in upgrading. Furthermore, we will be releasing a DIY video soon that shows the installation procedure and the difference these new parts make.

That answered that question before I could ask lol

The needle will not go to the bottom because if it goes to the bottom, it will hit the stirrer magnet, causing the needle to get damaged and not collect reagents properly.

This is what I figured, just wanted to make sure something new wasn't implemented. Something that could be looked at for future designs is to offset the stirrer motor slightly from the 1ml syringe. So once it finishes stirring, it moves slight to the left/right and the pill inside the reagent will be moved to the side and allow for the needle to be lowered another 3-5mm in order to reach more reagent. This should work nicely on the 60ml bottles, not sure about the 20ml as they probably are not wide enough for the pill to move. Maybe even introducing new bottles that are a little wider would help with this as well.

OP
OP
Reef Kinetics

Reef Kinetics

View Badges
Reaction score
Something that could be looked at for future designs is to offset the stirrer motor slightly from the 1ml syringe.
This was implemented a few years back for the 60ml vials, unfortunately there were many reports by users of this causing damage to the needles and was later removed. Nevertheless, maximum needle reach is a major improvement that should be implemented in future design modifications.

atkinsc

View Badges
Reaction score
How do i go about getting my reeflab upgraded?

I emailed suppirt back in January about mine returning results that could not be interpreted and still havent received a response.

Your troubleshooting link in the email also does not work.

Thanks

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240309_113917_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20240309_113917_Samsung Internet.jpg
    283.2 KB · Views: 8
  • Screenshot_20240309_113904_Gmail.jpg
    Screenshot_20240309_113904_Gmail.jpg
    156.5 KB · Views: 6
OP
OP
Reef Kinetics

Reef Kinetics

View Badges
Reaction score
Hello Cody,

I emailed suppirt back in January about mine returning results that could not be interpreted and still havent received a response.
Based on the colors you attached, it seems that there was low stirring. Could you please share your email address with us so that we can investigate why your ticket was missed and get in touch with you?

Your troubleshooting link in the email also does not work.
Can you tell us where you were trying to access the troubleshooting link before encountering the missing link page? This information will help us determine the cause of the issue.

How do i go about getting my reeflab upgraded?
As for the upgrade, you can find it on this website: https://www.reefkinetics.com/product/color-sensor-stirrer-led-switch-upgrade/.

atkinsc

View Badges
Reaction score
Hello Cody,

Based on the colors you attached, it seems that there was low stirring. Could you please share your email address with us so that we can investigate why your ticket was missed and get in touch with you?

Can you tell us where you were trying to access the troubleshooting link before encountering the missing link page? This information will help us determine the cause of the issue.

As for the upgrade, you can find it on this website: https://www.reefkinetics.com/product/color-sensor-stirrer-led-switch-upgrade/.

I will pm my email

The troubleshooting link was the one in the email i screenshotted

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 15.4%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 84 56.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 7.4%
Back