Battlecorals Vivid's Rainbow Acropora Grow Out Contest - Official Entries Thread

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

leahfiish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This thread is where you post your contest entries. Please try to only post contest pictures and keep discussion in the other thread.

The first photo must be taken within 3 days of receiving your coral. That way you have a starting picture to look back on. The first photo can count for January's entry but you can also submit an additional one if you'd like.

All photos submitted must have a ruler beside the coral to measure growth. One photo must be submitted each calender month. Ideally towards the end of the month but if you think you will be busy you can submit early. You can miss one month without penalty, life happens and we understand, but you cannot miss the final month. Two or more missed photos will result in a disqualification.
You can post more than one photo if necessary to show growth from different angles. After the end of the 6th month (June) a winner will be determined and prizes will be distributed.

Frags can be moved off of the original plug.

The point of the contest is for everyone to have fun. Please be respectful of other participants, any negative or disruptive posts are highly discouraged. Anyone found to have cheated in any way will be disqualified from the contest.

We are aiming to start shipping the first week of January to have all the frags shipped within the 1-2 weeks soeveryone will start at the same time.

Updated judging criteria guidelines:
Judging will be based on overall growth, with an emphasis on height and branching. However if two corals are similar in the first two categories,thenencrusting will be the tiebreaker.

I will keep track of all the entries. If there are any questions about any of the rules feel free to pm me or post on the discussion thread.

Swayne_07

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Day 1

vividrainbow.jpg

Rufus’ goofs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is my official entry for participation in the contest.
I intend to take another picture for my January picture entry.
3A94397D-DCEA-4200-BF3F-AF1645E15CBF.jpeg

Best of luck everyone! I’m looking forward to seeing how everyone’s frag does in their system!

Last edited by a moderator:

Da Ghost

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Here is my official entry for participation in the contest.
I intend to take another picture for my January picture entry.

Best of luck everyone! I’m looking forward to seeing how everyone’s frag does in their system!
I am a little confused should we not start the measurement at zero. Just so we do not have to make adjustments later. OR did I read this wrong

Rufus’ goofs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am a little confused should we not start the measurement at zero. Just so we do not have to make adjustments later. OR did I read this wrong
You're probably right. I took it in a hurry and just set the ruler on the frag disk. I'll take another picture give me a minute.

Battlecorals

Aquaculturist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
new to sps.. but why do they all look dead to me

Well, the vivid's rainbow is not the most "instant gratification producing" acros out there. Its notorious for this and after being shipped and moved around for pics lack of color and PE is pretty expected. Keep an eye on the transformations of this one as this thread progresses. It will be fun to watch them blossom as im sure they will.

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 20 7.8%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 44 17.2%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 174 68.0%
  • Neither.

Votes: 12 4.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.3%
Back