Beautiful Aquacultured WYSIWYG Crocea Clams

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

PacificEastAquaculture

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Aquacultured Crocea Clams
SO BEAUTIFUL!!
IMGP0884~3.JPG
IMGP0875~2.JPG
IMGP0874~2.JPG
IMGP0876~2.JPG
IMGP0873~2.JPG

Silver14SS

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a bare bottom tank, led/t5 ati light, lots of flow for sps. Fish are a pair of clowns, mollie miller blenny, indigo dottyback, and lemon damsels. Clean up crew is snails, hermits, mini brittle stars, mini comet stars, pods.

From watching your video, I think it’ll be fine to add one of these so I guess I’m just double checking for reassurance :)

Sounds like a flat piece of rock in the bottom of the tank will be fine or is a is a container of rubble a must?
Any of my tank inhabitants that are a no go with clams?
Anything a first time clam keeper should know?

Thanks!

OP
OP
PacificEastAquaculture

PacificEastAquaculture

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a bare bottom tank, led/t5 ati light, lots of flow for sps. Fish are a pair of clowns, mollie miller blenny, indigo dottyback, and lemon damsels. Clean up crew is snails, hermits, mini brittle stars, mini comet stars, pods.

From watching your video, I think it’ll be fine to add one of these so I guess I’m just double checking for reassurance :)

Sounds like a flat piece of rock in the bottom of the tank will be fine or is a is a container of rubble a must?
Any of my tank inhabitants that are a no go with clams?
Anything a first time clam keeper should know?

Thanks!

Should be good, keep an eye on the damsels since they might nip. A ceramic clam cradle will work well to house the clam.

Silver14SS

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you for the info! Tank is only 16” deep, lots of light and food for the SPS.

I think I’ll be ordering one, maybe rehome the damsels and get some other fish from you while I’m at it.

Thanks again for the great aquacultured products :)

OP
OP
PacificEastAquaculture

PacificEastAquaculture

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you for the info! Tank is only 16” deep, lots of light and food for the SPS.

I think I’ll be ordering one, maybe rehome the damsels and get some other fish from you while I’m at it.

Thanks again for the great aquacultured products :)

OK, thanks. We have really nice tank-raised Bangaii Cardinalfish, Dottybacks, Blennies, Gobies, etc.

Silver14SS

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great talking to you today, thanks for taking the time to answer all my questions! Decided to go with this one and a pair of mandarins :)
1564078003195.png

giphy.gif

U

User1

View Badges
Great talking to you today, thanks for taking the time to answer all my questions! Decided to go with this one and a pair of mandarins :)
1564078003195.png

giphy.gif

They are great! My daughter was thrilled with them while she was looking for a t-shirt for my birthday. I placed a order last week on their buy 3 get 3 packs and Dr. Mac answered some questions and even looked at my tank image to suggest placement :) Rachel, well, she is amazing because she called and asked me about shipping and if I was OK with a day delay due to weather. I'm like sure, no rush. Simple things like that or the post-it notes they included. I use those all the time leaving them around the house for people to see :D

I'm biased, yes :) Being serious though I've been really happy just lurking and watching the threads posted, looking at the corals, watching the videos. Once I was ready to buy I did and am very happy for all of the above but most importantly the price was in a fair range I aim for. Goal is to let these mature a bit and then fit a clam in the mix.

If you didn't see it check out the yellow fever stylocoenillia. That little piece of coral is amazing and stands out. Post a pic of the clam once it is settled!

OP
OP
PacificEastAquaculture

PacificEastAquaculture

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1564078003195.png

giphy.gif
They are great! My daughter was thrilled with them while she was looking for a t-shirt for my birthday. I placed a order last week on their buy 3 get 3 packs and Dr. Mac answered some questions and even looked at my tank image to suggest placement :) Rachel, well, she is amazing because she called and asked me about shipping and if I was OK with a day delay due to weather. I'm like sure, no rush. Simple things like that or the post-it notes they included. I use those all the time leaving them around the house for people to see :D

I'm biased, yes :) Being serious though I've been really happy just lurking and watching the threads posted, looking at the corals, watching the videos. Once I was ready to buy I did and am very happy for all of the above but most importantly the price was in a fair range I aim for. Goal is to let these mature a bit and then fit a clam in the mix.

If you didn't see it check out the yellow fever stylocoenillia. That little piece of coral is amazing and stands out. Post a pic of the clam once it is settled!

Thanks guys, appreciate your support and comments!

Silver14SS

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Happy as a clam! It attached right away and opened up. Snapped shut from the camera flash and when a crab got curious. As far as I can tell, all is good. Great first impression on my first order, I'll be back when it's time for more fish, or maybe even another crocea!

I think it was less than 18 hours from time of order to getting it in the tank :)

13A34D10-840D-420D-8067-5D4CF1D463B0.jpeg

OP
OP
PacificEastAquaculture

PacificEastAquaculture

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Happy as a clam! It attached right away and opened up. Snapped shut from the camera flash and when a crab got curious. As far as I can tell, all is good. Great first impression on my first order, I'll be back when it's time for more fish, or maybe even another crocea!

I think it was less than 18 hours from time of order to getting it in the tank :)

13A34D10-840D-420D-8067-5D4CF1D463B0.jpeg

Awesome, thanks for the update!

Freshwater filter only or is it? Have you ever used an HOB filter on a saltwater tank?

• I currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank.

Votes: 56 24.7%
  • I don’t currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 59 26.0%
  • I have used a HOB on fish only or quarantine tanks, but not on the display tank.

Votes: 54 23.8%
  • I have never used a HOB on a saltwater tank.

Votes: 54 23.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.8%
Back