Begining of my 125

Screwgunner

View Badges
Reaction score
My 125 with over flows and 30 gallon sump was running with 25 african chiclids all of them ambuna and two clown loaches. Well I got the itch again to start saltwater back up again . I could not keep up with the freshwater fish I had . At the end of the ambuna tank I had 45 fish yes babys . They are dirty fish and I was changing filter twice a week .I needed to change them 3 times . So, I put my 110 pounds of dead rock in the garbage can filled it with tap water and a gallon of bleach. And through in a power head. Let it set for 3 weeks. Pulled it out and back in to a tote to dry. Then put 20 gallons of rodi in trash can and put rock in it for a week with power head . Took rock out put saltwater in put rock in heater powerhead and a half piece of shrimp. 3 months later ammonia started to drop . 4 months 0 ammonia 0 nitrites ammonia was off the chart. Changed water twice to nock it down . Took my freshwater fish to the fish store. And started cleaning,two days later I was happy with it . Went to menards to get the light diffuser with the holes though it for the bottom of my tank . Put some of the bigger rocks on top and started filling it with saltwater 5 gallons at a time rodi water mixed with IO one week of making water and placing rock. 24 five gallon buckets later i got to turn on my heater and pumps proclear skimmer and algea turff scrubber . Marine pure and a spunge. A large bottle of Dr. Tims and biospera. Thuogh in 8 chromis a nasso ,neon goby,hovens wrasse. One chromis got caught on my wave maker and 10 later my nasso died . Replaced him with a one spot fox face. Right now I replace one gallon of water per day evaporation and clean algea turf scrubber every three days. Last week my nitrates 3 phosphates .74 today nitrates 5 phosphates .54 ph 8.3 . So 5 weeks in and I have a small amount of dark green algea on my scrubber screen and the fish are all very healthy. Diatom stage is now over . I did put 3 bottles of copapods in . So far thats it going to wait for my water to stabilize where I like it and load it with some coral!!! So what do ya think?
20210302_170859.jpg

Orphek OR3 reef aquarium LED lighting

If Reefing was a school what letter grade do you think you would be making?

• A

Votes: 38 12.2%
  • B

Votes: 135 43.4%
  • C

Votes: 108 34.7%
  • D

Votes: 19 6.1%
  • F

Votes: 11 3.5%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 0 0.0%