Best ato for biocube 32

Sudotech

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I fill into the return chamber.
Quick question, I have filter media in the second chamber, and when they get dirty the level in the pump chamber drops (Due to water blockage). I'm worried that adding an ATO will cause the salinity to drop as the filter gets dirty. What are your thoughts/solutions for this?

reefiniteasy

Check me out on IG!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Quick question, I have filter media in the second chamber, and when they get dirty the level in the pump chamber drops (Due to water blockage). I'm worried that adding an ATO will cause the salinity to drop as the filter gets dirty. What are your thoughts/solutions for this?

clean the filter material on a schedule and that won’t happen. When I had my BioCube I was changing the filter pad every 3-4 days. What kind of filter material are you using?

Sudotech

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
clean the filter material on a schedule and that won’t happen. When I had my BioCube I was changing the filter pad every 3-4 days. What kind of filter material are you using?
I'm just using some cotton pads, I wash and replace them weekly. Here is a picture of what I'm talking about, the filter is not all the way dirty but the extra time to get across causes the level to drop.

Attachments

• tempImageLiTqBR.png
    tempImageLiTqBR.png
    957.5 KB · Views: 28
  • tempImageiutpBB.png
    tempImageiutpBB.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 34

diverjm

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any insight would be helpful.
Do you still have the course filter between chamber 2 and 3 on the bottom?? I had a similar issue with the water level dropping in chamber 3 but not in chambers 1 and 2. I removed the Course filter, and purchased mesh bags with zippers on Amazon to put the return pump in. It keeps unwanted debris out of the pump. Hope this helps.

Lps_lover12

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Check out the kamoer ato one 2, I have the original one and it works really good. What’s nice about the upgraded version is they use two optical sensors instead of a float switch for the emergency high which makes it easier for aio tanks

Charlie G

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Alright, thanks!
Hi all,

I realize this thread is old and hoping someone sees this and can provide further input. I have a 32 g Biocube that I have placed fans in the back to help with cooking. Of course getting more evaporation and therefore considering an ato. This are many threads on R2R discussing atos, etc. my concern is regarding the optical sensor on the Biocube. I read in other threads that an optical sensor may not work well in an AIO especially if the glass is dark.

Is anyone having any issues with optical sensors for their ato in chamber 3 of a Biocube 32?

Was considering the Tunze nano ato which has the mechanical shutoff but like the idea of the dual sensor of the 3155 (one of which is optical) which brings me back to my first question about the optical sensor in chamber 3.

Also how is the duetto working out?

Again, I realize this is an old thread but would appreciate any thoughts. Thanks.

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 51 40.8%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 15 12.0%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 34 27.2%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 23 18.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.6%
Back