Best hanging rack for lights and what height to hang Viparspectras

a;lksdjf

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My 150 is almost done being set up, with all that's left being the plumbing and lighting before I'm ready to begin filling with water and I can't find a good answer to which hanging kit/bar would work best. I'm going to be running 3 viparspectras and I'm not sure which one to get. I am also not clear on how high I should suspend them. IIRC the guys at BRS said 14" is optimal, but I'm not sure. Hanging from the ceiling is not an option, the tank is going to be in a very tall hallway and I would need a crane or a comically large ladder to hang from up there and because my mother insisted on putting it in a hallway with a curved wall of all things, putting it on the wall won't work either. Is there any worthwhile hanging kits for my situation or should I try to just DIY something?

Gtinnel

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have my ViparSpectra lights about 12 inches above the water and that seems to work fine for me. Sorry I can't help with the mounting mine are hanging from eye bolts in the ceiling.

fuelman

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i made my own hanging kit from 3/4" aluminum conduit & painted it black. i agree with BRS around 14" i have tried them as low as 10" but the hot spot vs overlap vs drop off on par at the edges is not very good at lower hight.

Aquatic acrobat in your aquarium: Have you ever kept an eel?

• I currently keep an eel in my tank.

Votes: 29 14.8%
  • I have kept an eel in my tank in the past.

Votes: 33 16.8%
  • I have not kept an eel in my tank, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 35 17.9%
  • I have no plans to keep an eel.

Votes: 96 49.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.5%
Back