Best online place to buy fish?

chk4tix

Algae farmer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I need to buy 13 or 14 fish because I had a major problem about 3 months ago and unfortunately lost all my fish. So after doing do diligence to ensure my tank is safe again, I would like to make a large order. The problem I have is I really only know of two online places. (fostersSmith and Saltwaterfish). The other problem is neither seem to have all the fish I need and I really only want to make one order if I can help it. Does anyone have a recommendation of some place I can send the list of fish I want and have them ship them to me?

Thanks

Znut Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
FosterandSmith or Blue zoo. I have tried a couple of other places online but have the best luck with these 2. F&S offer a 14 day and Blue zoo offer a 7 day. Be careful with the ones that only offer LA. Been there done that, I have also used NY Aquatic they now offer 14 day guarantee.

CoralBandit

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Umm that might be your problem.... how big is the tank your putting 14 fish into at once?

Demonic

Love Change
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was wondering if someone was going to ask this question. I hope you are thinking of making multiple orders or you have a very large tank to add 13 or 14 fish at one time. Those fish would have very little survival rate. That would most likely cause a spike and you would lose those fish.

mrbigshot

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
bluezoo, free shipping on $149 or more and even if you need a ton of boxes its only 14.95 i think for each additional box.

15 fish is way to many to add at one time even on a 150 gallon tank. think one fish every month or two. everytime you add a fish you have to let your biolocical fiter catch up. not only that but you nearly gurenteed to have an issue with ich or other bacterial infection like red sore's form the stress of so many new fish.

stunreefer

Reef Hugger
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would highly advise against ordering 15 at once even in a large tank. Also I would highly recommend QTing all new fish in order to prevent repeating any mistakes ;)

You can contact one of our sponsors (I've done great orders with Mobile Aquatics), or I also like Divers Den (Live Aquaria).

OP
OP
chk4tix

chk4tix

Algae farmer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for all the concerns, these fish are actually for two different tanks, one 75g and one 150g tank. The issue I had was related to a bad ph probe and my kalk reator trying to resolve the low ph. Unfortunately, my ph wasnt low and this resulted in the loss of my fish. I have added a bunch of fish all at one time, when I originally did this (5 years ago) I added 20 fish at one time. I let them swim in a big copper treated tank for a few weeks and switch them to my displays after that. I didn't have any problems.

OP
OP
chk4tix

chk4tix

Algae farmer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Now I have my reservations about getting all of these fish at once, even though I have done it before, what would be the max number of fish to add at one time. Just trying to make the cost of shipping worth it.

Brad Syphus

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
check out the sponsors here online. myself and others do sell fish here as well.

Richard and Frank come highly recommended.
By Myself and many others on this board. Just send them your recipe and they will find your ingredients.

I also buy from Divers Den.

Brad Syphus

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Now I have my reservations about getting all of these fish at once, even though I have done it before, what would be the max number of fish to add at one time. Just trying to make the cost of shipping worth it.

Many sites will wave shipping charges once you order goes past 3-4 hundred dollars.

SeaLifeDirect

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your post is in violation of the user agreement and has been edited. Please refrain from further violations. Thank you for your cooperation and understanding.

Last edited by a moderator:

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 100 75.2%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 11.3%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 6.0%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 3 2.3%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 3 2.3%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.5%

Back