Best option for water clarity

kevensquint

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, so I was wondering what you've used that made a really noticeable impact on improving water clarity. I run UV and the tank does not have any issues. The thing is, its 3ft wide by 6ft long set up peninsula style. So I look right through the widest parts of the tank for viewing. Especially looking down the 6ft length, by say the 4-5' point the water is not super clear. I tried a bit of carbon and it helped for 4 days then back to the usual not perfect deal. I'm considering ROX but previously it seemed to negatively affect my SPS. A rollermat ? What have you found to be good and not affect the corals? Thanks

Reeflix

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
(I have never tried this)
There is a thread on here about coral snow, that creates really cloudy water for a little bit, then really clear, the pics on that thread are insane! clearest water ever!
I also have pretty clear water, and all i run is a UV

Lavey29

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There is a thread on here about coral snow, that creates really cloudy water for a little bit, then really clear, the pics on that thread are insane! clearest water ever!
It's @SunnyX Thread with calcium carbonate. Works great, I use it weekly.

bushdoc

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I rely on high flow and mechanical filter+ lots of live rock, skimmer but no sand( bare bottom) no UV. Could it also be that my humongous Deresa filters lot's of stuff?
You could also run ozone if you dare.

UMALUM

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, so I was wondering what you've used that made a really noticeable impact on improving water clarity. I run UV and the tank does not have any issues. The thing is, its 3ft wide by 6ft long set up peninsula style. So I look right through the widest parts of the tank for viewing. Especially looking down the 6ft length, by say the 4-5' point the water is not super clear. I tried a bit of carbon and it helped for 4 days then back to the usual not perfect deal. I'm considering ROX but previously it seemed to negatively affect my SPS. A rollermat ? What have you found to be good and not affect the corals? Thanks
20231031_132349.jpg
I use this weekly.

Gumbies R Us

Certified Noob
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Never heard of coral snow before, but going to look into it now haha

jda

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Diatom filters can be less than 1 micron. They are amazing, but they clog up fast. I have never seen anything polish the water better.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 44 21.7%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 70 34.5%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 66 32.5%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 9.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.0%
Back