Best overall coral food

CamoFan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone have recommendations for coral food/supplements? Currently only have one frammer and looking to feed it a little extra. I also plan on getting some more coral soon since it looks like my tank is finally suitable after an alk spike.

OP
OP
C

CamoFan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use Reef Roids mixed with Benepets 50/50 mix. I make a little slurry and feed twice a week. Watch your nutrients tho.
I probably need to up my nutrients since my phosphate is .04 (last week was 0.05) and nitrate is now 2-5ppm (last week was 5ppm). Alk also dropped a little as well (1ppm over the course of a week) which, I’m assuming means the coral is taking it up.

OP
OP
C

CamoFan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm currently messing around with my light settings, trying to figure out what settings work best for my frammer. I really need a par meter for that though and I'm asking around my local reefer groups if someone can let me borrow it or "rent" them.

I only have 4 fish right now since I had an alk spike a few weeks ago. I feel like I'm at a spot where I want to add fish now. Phos is down to .04 and nitrate is at 2-5ppm. Hoping that adding more fish will bring that up.

nereefpat

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your levels seem fine to me. I wouldn't mess with them or the light, as long as light is in a reasonable range. I also haven't found any success feeding any of the Euphyllia, and mine seem to do well.

OP
OP
C

CamoFan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your levels seem fine to me. I wouldn't mess with them or the light, as long as light is in a reasonable range. I also haven't found any success feeding any of the Euphyllia, and mine seem to do well.
The frammer seemed to greatly appreciate it as I fed it 2-3 full mysis shrimp (from frozen cubes) and it seemed to just devour them in 15 minutes. I sat, watched and was kinda creeped out by its mouth, lol.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 59 40.4%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 33 22.6%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 49 33.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.4%
Back