Best plan of action? I think this is Aiptasia?

AL210

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok I've read all the ways here to rid them. I haven't added anything to my tank for 6 months but just noticed it the other day wedged in a tight crevice where my zoas are. I think I would damage my Zoas if i tried to use the X or F product. TSM has Aiptasia eating file fish. Not sure what to do. I don't see them anywhere else but I have a lot of areas I can't see.
AP1.jpg

AP2.jpg

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Yes, the F or X products will likely kill a few heads of the zoa, but they will typically fill back in. File fish will usually eat aiptasia but can also be opportunistic. Nudibranchs are great at getting into the middle of a zoa bed without hurting the coral but can be picked off by predatory fish in your tank. Good luck with whatever you choose!

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I recommend F Aiptasia. Yes, you’ll probably knock out a few heads in there, but it will recover. I have to do the same on a clove polyp frag, really laid it on there. You’d never know now, growing like a weed.

I agree. Of the chemical solutions for Aiptasia, I have found F-Aiptasia to be the most effective.

Cigarman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had one a few weeks ago saw a post somewhere on here about using lemon juice concentrate. The aiptasia i had was just about on top of a zoa frag. I used a needle and syringe and 2 ml of lemon juice concentrate. Zapped it right in the center it was immediately dead. Sucked out the remains next day. Have not seen any since.

elorablue

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had one a few weeks ago saw a post somewhere on here about using lemon juice concentrate. The aiptasia i had was just about on top of a zoa frag. I used a needle and syringe and 2 ml of lemon juice concentrate. Zapped it right in the center it was immediately dead. Sucked out the remains next day. Have not seen any since.

Really? I just found my first Aiptasia and was about to order some x or f. But I have lemon juice, will try that first.

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Really? I just found my first Aiptasia and was about to order some x or f. But I have lemon juice, will try that first.

While everyone's experience is different, when I have tried lemon juice in the past it was not enough to kill the aiptasia. Unfortunately it was enough to extremely annoy it into reproducing like crazy. Lemon juice is an option, but please proceed with caution.

Be Safe Ty Dillon GIF by NASCAR on NBC

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 15 21.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 2 2.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 10 14.5%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 36 52.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 8.7%
Back