Biggest tanks of bham area

Tburrus31

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lets see who has the biggest, cleanest, most decked out tanks around the bham area? I would post but 10g isn't going to get it lol

JustinFromAL

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm in the process of building my "dream setup", for this house anyway. I've got a 110g (60x18x23) that I've got about 3/4 full of SW, should start cycling by this weekend. In another room I've got a copy of the BRS frag tank build they've been plugging lately. I found all the hardware at a hydroponics store in Pelham for about half the price. So maybe I'm in the running for total system volume? Especially if you let me count my 180g Cichlid tank, haha.

Oh, and I think it's FW right now, but Bobby has a 235 somewhere at one of his offices.

Last edited:

Tphill

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
60x18x23 is the size of the tank I have that I bought as a 100G. I guess I have a 110G. Mine doesn't have water in it yet though.

twelvefive

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How's the tank been since we moved it? Justin you from Pelham too?

Had a bad time with the corals after the move since I decided to keep the sand (bad idea), lost the leather, zoas, and anemone, but one mushroom and all the fish survived. Just added a skimmer last week and everything is looking nice. You can stop by and check it out some time if you want.

OP
OP
Tburrus31

Tburrus31

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yea Im getting back in it but I'm looking for a 75 drilled is as big as I want to go. That's good that the fish lived.. When I first got my 55 gal I bought it off CL and we moved it with the sand and I never had any problems but who knows.. On guess the nitrates could have been bad after all the moving around

twelvefive

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yea Im getting back in it but I'm looking for a 75 drilled is as big as I want to go. That's good that the fish lived.. When I first got my 55 gal I bought it off CL and we moved it with the sand and I never had any problems but who knows.. On guess the nitrates could have been bad after all the moving around

Everything was testing fine, so it wasn't the nitrates or ammonia... some deep buried craziness came out and killed stuff. I'll get some pics up in a few.

JustinFromAL

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Justin you from Pelham too?

Hoover, off Acton. There's a hydroponics store in Pelham that I bought all my frag tank gear from. Basically this kit from BRS.

60x18x23 is the size of the tank I have that I bought as a 100G. I guess I have a 110G. Mine doesn't have water in it yet though.

If you do the math I think it's 107.5g. But that's before rock and sand of course. I really like the tank size. I did a full coast to coast overflow with a BeanAnimal drain. Dead silent, works like a champ.

twelvefive

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Glass is dirty.

IMG_4326.jpg
IMG_4325.jpg
IMG_4327.jpg

Tphill

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hoover, off Acton. There's a hydroponics store in Pelham that I bought all my frag tank gear from. Basically this kit from BRS.

If you do the math I think it's 107.5g. But that's before rock and sand of course. I really like the tank size. I did a full coast to coast overflow with a BeanAnimal drain. Dead silent, works like a champ.
Sounds good. How do you light yours. I'm going to use 2 250watt MH's and 4 10w led multichips.

JustinFromAL

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 45 21.3%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 73 34.6%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 70 33.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 9.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.9%
Back