BioCube 32 reboot V2

Alchameth

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Or is it V3, I can't remember anymore!?!?!?

So I convinced myself I'd tear down my 90G and BioCube 32 when I got my WB 6025 build going... and I did, stripped the sand and rocks out of both to get the new tank going. I think my mistake was leaving the empty BC32 sitting where it was, all empty and sad looking... for months. Then all of a sudden, it was like I have everything I need except sand and a heater, I could get it back up with minimal effort, right?!?!?!

I chopped the clear part off the splashguard to install 2 Current USA Orbit Marine IC PRO Dual LED (18"), but got tired of the moisture and creep getting on the lights, so I removed the adjustable arms, silicone'd them to the inside of the hood and silicone'd the splashguard seam... added a light diffuser because these had a little disco spotlight effect going on. Quite pleased with the turnout.

Before 1.jpg Before 2.jpg New1.jpg New2.jpg New3.jpg New4.jpg

lapin

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice job

ShaneWedge

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just rebooted mine as well since mine old one cracked in the move. I like the sleek look of the hood however the LED's could use some help. Have you thought about going topless and adding a Kessle? I was looking at doing this.

OP
OP
Alchameth

Alchameth

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like the hood too much. I keep my room cool and with the 2 Noctua fans I put in there I have plenty of airflow. If these lights don't do it I'll cut it and put something bigger in it like a Hydra 32 HD so the fins and fan stick up.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 40.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 27 20.5%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 36.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back