Bloomington Normal Reef Club (BNARC)

newreefer2

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This club has monthly meeting in the homes of members in a 60 mile radius of Bloomington/Normal. Its annual Fragtoberfest this year will be held on October 5, 2013. The group is family friendly sharing the knowledge on best practices to have success with saltwater tanks. Holding our meetings in members homes allows you to observe their set ups and ask questions on what has worked for them and the challenges they faced. The club has donated a reef tank to the Miller Park Zoo in Bloomington, Illinois and has taken responsibility for the ongoing care of this tank since the zoo is a frequent destination for school and daycare center field trips.

OP
OP
newreefer2

newreefer2

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This year Fragtoberfest will have two workshops and a speaker in addition to the vendors and members offerings of frags and livestock. It will be held in the interstate Center on Market Street in Bloomington, IL on October 5 th 2013.

OP
OP
newreefer2

newreefer2

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Our August meeting will be in Bloomington,IL. Since our club meetings are held in members homes in the last twelve months we have had a meeting in Peoria, Pekin, Bloomington, Normal, Morton and Decatur. Our meetings are open to all.

kcdan87

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Someone needs to figure out how to create a forum like Parc has...they have subforums

Mackjr1969

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
image.jpg

volcano1

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He wins lots of raffles, but he does buy lots of tickets.
Frag swap still going next month?

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
We can create subforums for you guys.

OP
OP
newreefer2

newreefer2

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We would definitely like to have some sub forums created. We need a web area were we can make announcements while our club web site is under construction.

OP
OP
newreefer2

newreefer2

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
On Feb 15th we had our Cupid's Reef swap with two excellent speakers Mark Vera on Reef Nutrition and Ben Zimmerman on photography. The Raffle Grand prize was two AI Hydra 52s with a controler.......I put over a hundred tickets chasing those lights but the winner bought a grand total of two tickets ....and yes his two dollars worth of tickets took home more than $1100 worth of lighting.....now that is luck.

OP
OP
newreefer2

newreefer2

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am happy to announce The March BNARC meeting will be Hosted by Erin Eicher on March 22 at 2 pm at 500 Stanhope Ln normal il

OP
OP
newreefer2

newreefer2

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Van to CMAS Saturday April 25th full Ken Bilow, Harold Lynnwood Mccampbell Jr., Jim Cooke, Beth Meredith and husband, and Me. We would need someone to volunteer and second vehicle if more want to go.

OP
OP
newreefer2

newreefer2

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
April BNARC meeting. We have the party room at the Culver's on Hershey Road in Bloomington reserved for a meeting starting at 1 p.m. on April 26th. Since our last meeting Scott White has resigned as BNARC BOD Secretary so if you have an interest in this position let us know. This is an important position because this person is our record keeper and helps communicate the results of our meetings and events to those not present.

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 1 3.1%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 1 3.1%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 27 84.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 9.4%
Back