Blue tang F’in around with a lion about to find out…

littlefoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My dumb blue hippo tang decided he wants to fight with one of my lionfish for no reason and keeps going near her and trying to tail strike her. He wont leave her alone. Im not going to interfere for obvious reasons (being allergic to lion venom). If he gets stung what are his chances? Ive tried to chase him away from her a few times with my feeding tongs but he keeps going at it. He is going to F around and find out.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
My dumb blue hippo tang decided he wants to fight with one of my lionfish for no reason and keeps going near her and trying to tail strike her. He wont leave her alone. Im not going to interfere for obvious reasons (being allergic to lion venom). If he gets stung what are his chances? Ive tried to chase him away from her a few times with my feeding tongs but he keeps going at it. He is going to F around and find out.
Will like have little dark circles and be upset. It would be your best interest to isolate one of them and net works with safe removal of both fish

OP
OP
littlefoxx

littlefoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Will like have little dark circles and be upset. It would be your best interest to isolate one of them and net works with safe removal of both fish
Thats the part Im nervous about, Im allergic to the lion venom and cant get stung. He has stopped messing with her. I realized she was actually in his cubby he sleeps in so i think that was the issue. Shes since moved and he is back in his cubby

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Thats the part Im nervous about, Im allergic to the lion venom and cant get stung. He has stopped messing with her. I realized she was actually in his cubby he sleeps in so i think that was the issue. Shes since moved and he is back in his cubby
I caught many of these at my LFS without a mishap. Your option is a large drinking cup and trap it against glass - then no contact OR nudge into cup with a net

OP
OP
littlefoxx

littlefoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I caught many of these at my LFS without a mishap. Your option is a large drinking cup and trap it against glass - then no contact OR nudge into cup with a net
Ah okay, I will do that if he starts messing with her again. Theyre fine now, kinda looks like it might have been territorial

OP
OP
littlefoxx

littlefoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tried to get some pictures of him. Ive got some specks on my glass and they got magnified when I zoomed in.

Attachments

• IMG_4053.jpeg
    IMG_4053.jpeg
    156.9 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_4052.jpeg
    IMG_4052.jpeg
    122.5 KB · Views: 21

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 32 16.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 25 12.8%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 114 58.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 6.2%
Back