Breeding SW Mollies to feed Anemone?

Macdaddynick1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Should I breed sw mollies to feed to my anenome?
go to your nearest grocery store, buy clean uncooked shrimp , those will cost your about 50 cent a piece, take out a shell , cut them into 4 pieces and put them in the freezer, feed every 3-4 days,
IMG_0238.jpg

OP
OP
Tristan

Tristan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
go to your nearest grocery store, buy clean uncooked shrimp , those will cost your about 50 cent a piece, take out a shell , cut them into 4 pieces and put them in the freezer, feed every 3-4 days,
IMG_0238.jpg

I've already been doing this, but have been wanting to try new ways to feed my bta. I already know how and have bred saltwater mollies.

Trex

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Personally, I wouldn't bother. Seems like a lot of work for very little benefit.
First, in the wild, E. quadricolors do not eat anything remotely that large.
Second, do you plan on killing the mollies first? The sting of an E. quadricolor is fairly weak, doubt they would be able to hold onto one even if you place it directly into the tentacles.
Third, think it would end up costing more money to raise the mollies then it would cost to purchase some frozen mysis.

OP
OP
Tristan

Tristan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Personally, I wouldn't bother. Seems like a lot of work for very little benefit.
First, in the wild, E. quadricolors do not eat anything remotely that large.
Second, do you plan on killing the mollies first? The sting of an E. quadricolor is fairly weak, doubt they would be able to hold onto one even if you place it directly into the tentacles.
Third, think it would end up costing more money to raise the mollies then it would cost to purchase some frozen mysis.

It's not costly at all to raise the mollies. They will readily eat crushed up flake food. I would be feeding the fry to the anenome, not full grown adults.

WHITE BUCKET CHALLENGE : How CLEAR do you think your water is in your reef aquarium? Show us your water!

• Crystal Clear

Votes: 57 40.4%
  • Mostly clear with a tint of yellow

Votes: 73 51.8%
  • More yellow than clear

Votes: 5 3.5%
  • YUCKY YELLOW

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 5 3.5%
Back