Brightwell Aquatics XPORT-NO3

AdamNC

Lawnmower Blenny says nom nom
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Is it better to put this stuff in a small media reactor or find a mesh bag and just place it in my sump. I bought this and some MB7 to help bring my No3 down some that for the life of me I can not get it below 8ppm and I’d like it around 0.25-0.5. My SPS aren’t really liking the higher No3 and they did great at near 0 levels. I tried daily water changes, nopox and cut out using Reef Roids and within a few days it’s right back up there. I’ve been trying to follow the Red Sea SPS Recipe. Po4 is also at .11 ppm.

Woodyth

PITTER PATTER
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Curious about the same thing, is process to just add bottle of mb7 to bag of xport let sit overnight and then add to sump? I understand it needs to be in a bag.

OP
OP
AdamNC

AdamNC

Lawnmower Blenny says nom nom
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well it says to soak it in MB7 for 24 hours to let the bacteria colonize and then either an 800 micron bag, canister filter or a reactor. It’s about 150g per 120 gallons if under 40 ppm No3, so unless you have 120 gallon tank with 120 gallon volume of water sump included, I wouldn’t start off with the whole bag. States it needs a flow through of 1-3x an hour. Think I’ll put it in my reactor on a low flow and see what happens.

Ingenuity against algae: Do you use DIY methods for controlling nuisance algae?

• I have used DIY methods for controlling algae.

Votes: 45 47.4%
  • I use commercial methods for controlling algae, but never DIY methods.

Votes: 22 23.2%
  • I have not used commercial or DIY methods for controlling algae.

Votes: 22 23.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 6.3%
Back