Bristle worms (mmmmmm)

Asm481

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wouldn't high salinity do the same thing without killing the bacteria? Like 38ppt?

Nemo&Friends

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes you do have a lot. I did too, but it seems the coral banded shrimp does a good job, as I do not see as many now. But I have never seen my shrimp catching any, so... I do not know, if they just hide better.

Sean_B

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
are you concerned that the previous rock(s) you remove from your DT will get "re-infested" as you proceed to the next rock to dip?

OP
OP
just reefing

just reefing

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
are you concerned that the previous rock(s) you remove from your DT will get "re-infested" as you proceed to the next rock to dip?
Yes kind of redundant but I’m trying to be proactive with the infestation. No one’s really given me advise on what to do to remove so I’m just trying my best to not remove wanted bacteria. If it were up to me, I’d crap can all the rocks and start over…

trietnguyen000

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Attachments

• IMG_7660.png
    IMG_7660.png
    698.3 KB · Views: 67

Sean_B

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
when we weren't boating to the "race" or Montauk Point, we would use bristle worms(sand worms) to fish Flounder/Fluke. we would cut their heads off to avoid being bitten

McPuff

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've got a coral banded shrimp, christmas wrasse (very similar to melanurus) and 3 hawkfish in my DT. I rarely see bristleworms in there.

The lagoon has 2 Rhinecanthus triggers and whenever I find a bristle worm I feed it to them. Despite getting stuck with tons of spines, those triggers love eating the worms. :0) I also feed them vermetid snails whenever I have the chance.

Tanked2022

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You're on the right track with cutting back on excess food. If they're overwhelming you can try a home made bristleworm trap using a pop bottle
So i have lot of bristle worms too and know cut back on feeding get trap or make trap or arrow crab etc but my question is how to dispose of live bristle worms flush down toilet or throw in trash lol

EeyoreIsMySpiritAnimal

Just another girl who likes fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So i have lot of bristle worms too and know cut back on feeding get trap or make trap or arrow crab etc but my question is how to dispose of live bristle worms flush down toilet or throw in trash lol
Either. Or you can try to euthanize by freezing them.

CoralB

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok fellow reefers. How many bristle worms is too many bristle worms? I’ve got at least a hundred in my 150g. Don’t see them being a threat to any of my corals or fish but tonight they all seem to have come out looking for a snack. I’ve reduced feeding for my fish as I’ve seen a lot of wasted food sitting on the sand bed. I’m thinking they came out because of the reduced feeding, but golly there’s a lot in my tank lol
IMG_0409.jpeg
IMO one is too many !

Debramb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok fellow reefers. How many bristle worms is too many bristle worms? I’ve got at least a hundred in my 150g. Don’t see them being a threat to any of my corals or fish but tonight they all seem to have come out looking for a snack. I’ve reduced feeding for my fish as I’ve seen a lot of wasted food sitting on the sand bed. I’m thinking they came out because of the reduced feeding, but golly there’s a lot in my tank lol
IMG_0409.jpeg
Yeah, when they gross me out (and I like them) I get the brine shrimp net out and cull, it’s easy to gently wave over, they float and grab them. I feed heavy too and when I feed more frozen than pellets or flakes, they diminish. Makes it hard to vary diet, thus the culling.
Debra

CoralB

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They say everything goes better with ketchup lol !! :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes: Kidding !!!
Flush them , give them to a friend, pretty much anything you want . Their are people that like them maybe give a shout out to anyone in your area .

Tanked2022

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you but that still doesn’t andwer my question of the post i have trap and now have arrow crab but my question was how to dispose of them meaning when caught flush down toilet or throw in trash bin for trash company when pick up

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 24 29.6%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 30 37.0%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 21 25.9%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 5 6.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.2%
Back