Brogratz's Red Sea Reefer 170

Brogratz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I am still fairly new to the whole saltwater/reef hobby. Been around it for 3 years now, took a two year break because of becoming a father. Made some really great friends here in Seattle because of the hobby as well, which only pushed me further into the hobby. I finally after always having AIO's, pulled the trigger and purchased the Red Sea Reefer 170.

It's nothing special and I am still learning, constructive criticism is always welcomed. You don't learn if you can't be open minded. It's only 40 gallons I know, but for now it's the largest I can have in my apartment.

I literally just transferred everything over last night and glued today, dealing with silicate all over the rocks etc. Also still cleaning up the cables in the cabinet next to the stand.
IMG_5584.JPG
IMG_5585.JPG

OP
OP
Brogratz

Brogratz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bubble magus 5, Santa Monica 1.2x drop algea scrubber, tunze ato, 5 gallon acrylic reservoir, two little fishies phsoban reactor. The pumps I can't remember off the top of my head.

OP
OP
Brogratz

Brogratz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
kZVA1m9.jpg

Tank 6 months ago. I added more corals and new supplemental lighting.

FvtKiHJ.jpg
HxVkVBF.jpg
W1mAmBy.jpg

After having around 6 months of the T5's on this is what the tank looks like as of a week ago.
zpYzil1.jpg

It's been awhile since I have made an update to this thread. I may start a new thread for my frag tank I am about to start very soon. Anyways I hope you all enjoy.

OP
OP
Brogratz

Brogratz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks! I have toyed around with it a lot in the past. Pretty happy with where it is now. This tank will eventually be converted into a nem tank once I get my big tank going.

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 95 76.0%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 12.0%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 6.4%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 1.6%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

• Other.

Back