Broken bottom trim on rebuilt tank

living_tribunal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently acquired a used 65g DSA tank. I’m a big fan of dsa tanks and they don’t make them anymore.

I took it to a well known and respected aquatic shop to have it professionally rebuilt two weeks ago.

They informed me that there was some slight bowing on the front panel but the worst it caused were small cosmetic air pockets.

I drove the tank home, had my buddy help me place it on the stand, and I noticed the corner trim wasn’t connected all the way in the two back corners.

Should I ask for this to get rebuilt?

The builder called me a few days ago informing me about the air pockets and offered a jbj 65 gallon at cost. I passed given I thought the air pockets were the extent of anything bad.

Pretty bummed, I’m down a lot of $ on this current build.
CB9823A2-D6F1-4423-9E79-930BAE680EF1.jpeg

OP
OP
living_tribunal

living_tribunal

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I should mention this is a rimless tank. I pulled out the tank a little bit and it looked like they sealed the trim like this. I couldn't push the trim in any more to make it flush. I think it may be fine but it's probably worth getting some epoxy and/or adding a wood back to the stand in order to apply strong pressure to the trim.

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 13 7.7%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 31 18.3%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 112 66.3%
  • Neither.

Votes: 7 4.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.6%
Back