Brown to green alge

Funtrader

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello
So I first had the brown Algae it looks like that phase is over and now I am getting green Algae. Any recommendations on how to get rid of it? I have snails in the tank and I also have something called dino x that I bought for the brown algae but never ended up using it as I have read that it can kill or hurt your corals ans i was afraid of killing my corals.

Screenshot_20230724_082957_Chrome.jpg 20230724_082111.jpg

Mr. Mojo Rising

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
the brown algae was diatoms. You can use a scraper to scrape the green off the glass.

But algae is part of all our reef tanks, and especially is a part of a brand new tank like yours. Your tank has to go through a normal maturing process. I would suggest you spend a little time researching about "new tank syndrome", and normal methods of fighting off algae.

Bottled products can be dangerous for your tank inhabitants if used incorrectly, and really not needed.

Dino x is used for a specific type of algae which is currently not present in your tank. Its good you asked before using it, but really need to spend a little more time understanding what will happen to your tank in the next few months.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 14 5.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 12.5%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 139 57.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 17 7.1%
Back