Bryopsis algea

Paulsheehan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello
Ive just had a bryopsis algea outbreak and I've been using flucazanole or bryopsis buster for 18 days now it seems to be dying slowly has anyone had bryopsis algea before and whats your advice to get rid of it

theMeat

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cheap magnesium supplement, like Kent. Raise it up to around 1600ppm. It is thought that it’s not the magnesium itself that kills the algae, but the the metals in the supplement. That’s why you need to use a cheap source. Has worked for me many times, with no known or noticeable side effects

OP
OP
Paulsheehan

Paulsheehan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cheap magnesium supplement, like Kent. Raise it up to around 1600ppm. It is thought that it’s not the magnesium itself that kills the algae, but the the metals in the supplement. That’s why you need to use a cheap source. Has worked for me many times, with no known or noticeable side effects
Thank you I'll try that

APC

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There is a long thread on using fluconazole on this forum -its really good and details the entire process. I followed it to the letter and it worked amazingly. Its a slow process but if you follow it many have had a great deal of success with it.

Aquatic acrobat in your aquarium: Have you ever kept an eel?

• I currently keep an eel in my tank.

Votes: 29 14.9%
  • I have kept an eel in my tank in the past.

Votes: 32 16.4%
  • I have not kept an eel in my tank, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 35 17.9%
  • I have no plans to keep an eel.

Votes: 96 49.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.5%
Back