OP
O.Buckshank

O.Buckshank

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Picked up a red sea mag test kit today. Yikes, for $40, it could be a LITTLE bit easier to measure a single trace element lol... Feeling defeated, I decided to put the kit down til tomorrow... Will post the results then.

OP
OP
O.Buckshank

O.Buckshank

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Figured the test kit out tonight lol... 1400 ppm. Hopefully will get to where I need
to be this week...

OP
OP
O.Buckshank

O.Buckshank

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Should I hold off on water changes for a bit til the mag is where it needs to be? Just tested ammo and trates and I'm good...

dwilliams87

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you are confident on your water quality, I wouldn't do wc's. I have not done one since I started the fight with the Kent M. I've not seen bryopsis in a couple of weeks now, but I read where keeping the numbers elevated for a while will be sure its gone down to the last root. I plan on doing a change at about a month and a half from first dose. As long as your testing your other parameters and you see no reason to remove nutrients then I would wait. Something I just thought about as well, when I raised my mg, my alk spiked by about 1dkh, 8.0-9.1. So, be sure you are watching that and your ca. I did not see a change in the ca, but I always check when I am making "chemical" changes.

OP
OP
O.Buckshank

O.Buckshank

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks @dwilliams...

Looking at the bryopsis today, it SEEMINGLY appears to be receding. Not in volume per se, but in thickness. On my protein skimmer bubble diffuser sponge, where the fern like attributes are most notably prevalent, the strands are thinning out, I THINK. It may be in
my head, but it could be receding. Let's hope for the latter...

dwilliams87

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It was about a week after I started the Kent m that I seemed to notice it turning clear on the tips. O thought it was in my head too, but it wasn't long after that it just disappeared. You can't tell it was ever there now.

darrend

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
alot of times no3 will show low, but that is because the plant is eating it. Try to get that under control.

jedidad

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Will the new kent tecm work? I heard they reformulated it and you have to use the old stuff.

OP
OP
O.Buckshank

O.Buckshank

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some before and after pics since dosing began... I did a 25% water change before the dosing started, and have only
done top offs since...
ImageUploadedByReef2Reef Aquarium Forum1381795768.806661.jpg

ImageUploadedByReef2Reef Aquarium Forum1381795783.260037.jpg

OP
OP
O.Buckshank

O.Buckshank

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you sir... It's a good feeling for sure. I do still have other spots of bryopsis that aren't as clear, but are definitely receding a bit. I'm also recently plagued with some green hair algae on my sand and a couple rocks. I will handle this with reduced feedings, and aggressive water changes as soon as the bryopsis goes bye bye...

MURedhawk

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ImageUploadedByReef2Reef Aquarium Forum1381927553.926743.jpg

Does this look like a bryopsis as well?
Just noticed this under my Duncan coral again.
If so, has anyone used Kent Tech M with macroalgae in their refugium? Will that be ok?
I am first going to try to pull it again, scrub with tooth brush (can't take out as rock too large), run phosphate remover.
What about inverts like clams?
Thanks.

Building with glass and silicone: Have you ever built a tank or had a custom tank built?

• I have built an aquarium.

Votes: 27 14.9%
  • I have had a custom tank built.

Votes: 41 22.7%
  • I have never built a tank or had a custom tank built.

Votes: 105 58.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.4%
Back