Budget friendly pods for crysophytes?

Cflow

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wondering if anyone knows if there is a more budget friendly pod pack for crysophytes? I usually use eco pods from algae barn, but they are a bit more than I want to pay for a minor annoyance.

taricha

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
nobody knows of herbivores that have a good track record of eating chrysophytes.
So it's just guessing.

Reef By Steele

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
I was reading up on chrysophytes and wonder if that is what plagued my Frag tank when I set it up. Someone was talking about dosing nitrates to help get rid of it, but they went with vibrant and black out (not what I would do).

We carry a six pod blend, doesn’t have the oithona but each of the 6 are herbivore or omnivore. I would also suggest dosing live phytoplankton. It will compete against other algae without growing in places you don’t want as it is a micro vs a macro algae. I wrote a thread about the benefits, you can find the “article” on our website knowledge page at www.reefbysteele.com. You can get 32 Oz of our pods for less than 16 Oz of theirs. The 32 Oz six species runs pretty close to their 16 Oz and has an array of sizes I. The pods so they can get all the way to the roots. We would love for you to give us a shot.

OP
OP
C

Cflow

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was reading up on chrysophytes and wonder if that is what plagued my Frag tank when I set it up. Someone was talking about dosing nitrates to help get rid of it, but they went with vibrant and black out (not what I would do).

We carry a six pod blend, doesn’t have the oithona but each of the 6 are herbivore or omnivore. I would also suggest dosing live phytoplankton. It will compete against other algae without growing in places you don’t want as it is a micro vs a macro algae. I wrote a thread about the benefits, you can find the “article” on our website knowledge page at www.reefbysteele.com. You can get 32 Oz of our pods for less than 16 Oz of theirs. The 32 Oz six species runs pretty close to their 16 Oz and has an array of sizes I. The pods so they can get all the way to the roots. We would love for you to give us a shot.
Which of your products has the 6 pod blend?

Reef By Steele

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
Which of your products has the 6 pod blend?
My wife answered sorry I was driving so our daughter could Trick or Treat. Our six pod blend is Tigriopus, Tisbe, Apocyclops, Pseudo, Acartia, and Parvo. Free 2 Day shipping over $50 so if placed by tomorrow morning can get it to you Friday. Still have some available.

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 6.3%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 3.9%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 4.7%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 103 80.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 4.7%
Back