lapin

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some thoughts:

This could be a good starter tank.
The good part is it has everything needed to get started. As long ask the tank has no flaws it should be ok.
I would ask about the light. A lot of fresh water set ups will need a better light than what comes with them.
A canister filter is not the best set up but many people have nice tanks that use them. You will need to keep it clean. The HOB skimmer is a nice addition.
WIthout a sump you will have all the equipment in plain view as you can see from the picture of his set up.
Hope this helps

Last edited:

Chefwheredyougo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
+1
Check the seals for defects like bubbles or just any missing silicone. The Deltec skimmer is worth quite a bit itself, so that's a plus. Overall it looks good.

Jon Fishman

Cleveland Ohio, buy/sell local!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not familiar with your currency/prices, but I would start with a tank and sump setup. That setup can certainly work though, I just think you’ll be happier with a sump

BeejReef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's a good deal. I agree w above that a sump is more desirable.
Looks like it was well taken care of and is clean though. That's a huge plus. A pile of "everything you need" doesn't do much good if it's all heaped in a salt-encrusted box.

It's a good deal if that's what you want to run. If it's not close to being exactly what you want, you'd do better paying $700 for something that is.

Ingenuity against algae: Do you use DIY methods for controlling nuisance algae?

• I have used DIY methods for controlling algae.

Votes: 45 47.4%
  • I use commercial methods for controlling algae, but never DIY methods.

Votes: 22 23.2%
  • I have not used commercial or DIY methods for controlling algae.

Votes: 22 23.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 6.3%
Back