Cakes' 150 SCA Reef Build (Lots of custom projects)

Nburg's Reef

High-Rise Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like the aquascape. Good amount of top surface for frags and still room for fish to swim. What are you going to stock the tank with coral and fish-wise?

OP
OP
Cakes

Cakes

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is the tank and sump as of today.

55ED6C58-E14B-4336-ADD4-D7BCB3502BF5.jpeg

AFFFC877-F0A9-48B4-AD8B-D2C1EDDF1A05.jpeg

HeyJay

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice! I'm just about to order the same tank. Is it exactly 60"x24"? I want to get a jumpstart on the stand.

OP
OP
Cakes

Cakes

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like the aquascape. Good amount of top surface for frags and still room for fish to swim. What are you going to stock the tank with coral and fish-wise?
Thank you. Fish-wise I want to get a couple tangs in there. I'd like a mandarin once the tank is more established. Aside from those, I'm pretty undecided. I had bought a royal gramma and a firefish that didn't make it through QT. Coral will be LPS, ZOAs, and Euphyllia until the tank is more established and I know what I'm doing, then may dabble in some SPS

FlexingFishSticks

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, its made of glass but also has a layer of black acrylic covering it (which is what the baffle teeth are cut into). You can just make out the top of the glass below the teeth in the very first pic on my thread
Nicee! Thank you for the fast response. I’m looking at the same tank just trying to weigh out pros and cons on whether to get the center overflow option or drilled external shadow overflow. How do you like the tank so far any complaints ?

OP
OP
Cakes

Cakes

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nicee! Thank you for the fast response. I’m looking at the same tank just trying to weigh out pros and cons on whether to get the center overflow option or drilled external shadow overflow. How do you like the tank so far any complaints ?

Been pretty happy with it so far..no complaints. Especially for the cost, the quality seems really on point.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 46 16.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 18 6.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 35 12.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 159 57.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 6.8%
Back