Calcium Question

Josh Hobgood

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay guys and gals. My nitrites are gone! It is good to know they are not that big a deal in saltwater tanks. I have had what looks like a bacterial bloom everyday. It seems to get worse during the day. I know the lights might make it seem worse so I took out water throughout the day in a white cup and it still seems to be cloudier in the middle of the day as the PH goes up. I monitor rises and falls through Neptune Apex. My levels are as follows:

Ammonia: 0
Nitrite: 0
Nitrate: 10
Phosphate: .03
PH: 8.3
Temp: 77.9
Salinity: 1.025
Alkalinity: 7.5 (Was 8.3 One Week Ago)
Magnesium: 1480
Calcium: I topped the Hanna Checker Out 3 Times in a Row. It just blinks 600 (I think it is really high)

https://www.bulkreefsupply.com/hw-marinemix-reefer-salt-mix.html

That is a link to the Salt I have been using. I have switched to...

https://www.bulkreefsupply.com/aquarium-salt-mix-red-sea.html

It does seem to have the "snow" affect in the day. I have a Purple and Yellow Tang. For corals I have a Gold Wall Hammer Frag in the sand and a Frogspawn Frag in the sand. I also have one hermit crab. I have Red Sea's Alkalinity supplement and ESV Bionic 2 Part on hand. I am currently doing weekly 12 gallon water changes. My question is how should I proceed dealing with the Alkalinity and Calcium?

OP
OP
Josh Hobgood

Josh Hobgood

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just today. First water change with it will be tomorrow. It is mixing up now.

OP
OP
Josh Hobgood

Josh Hobgood

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I followed the Red Sea Reef Mature Kit is the only other thing that I know about. I had a guy from a LFS bring me water to fill it up with initially. I do not know what kind of salt he used

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 25 26.6%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 34 36.2%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 28 29.8%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 6 6.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.1%
Back