Cali Kid Corals Official February 6th Anniversary Live Sale Thread!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Ling_Thing

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did anyone else’s packages get delayed last night in Memphis that was supposed to get delivered today? I’m just devastated I spent close to $1000 on some real high-end stuff and now it’s going to be all dead if it ever arrives so heartbroke... was really looking forward to this live sale too...

flampton

Ecological Reefing
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did anyone snag a mystery box? I’m always interested to know what comes I them. Was very tempted this time around to snag one. Would love to see a review... I think it snag one next time I’ll post it on YouTube:)

Wanted all mushrooms. And so I received six different mid to high end shrooms.

CK Ultra Bounce, large with nice bounces
CK Toxic Avenger, large
CK mystery shroom, large teal with orange skirt
CK mystery shroom, large purple with green papillae
CK mural, mid size
CK Solar Flare yuma, large

Large being around a inch and a half - two inches
Mid about an inch

Oh and my other pieces were fire as well!

@calikidcorals also did an awesome job with packaging!!

Did anyone else’s packages get delayed last night in Memphis that was supposed to get delivered today? I’m just devastated I spent close to $1000 on some real high-end stuff and now it’s going to be all dead if it ever arrives so heartbroke... was really looking forward to this live sale too...

One of my shipments went out Monday and arrived Wednesday in excellent condition. FedEx has been off their game a bit, I mean mine had nothing to do with weather at all, just stayed at the Airport in Oakland an extra day before going to Phoenix.
My stuff was a bit on the hardy side though, Acans and Diaseris. @calikidcorals did an excellent job with communication and was willing to work with me if it had turned out worse.

A+++ all around

BighohoReef

A reefer in need is a friend indeed!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wanted all mushrooms. And so I received six different mid to high end shrooms.

CK Ultra Bounce, large with nice bounces
CK Toxic Avenger, large
CK mystery shroom, large teal with orange skirt
CK mystery shroom, large purple with green papillae
CK mural, mid size
CK Solar Flare yuma, large

Large being around a inch and a half - two inches
Mid about an inch

Oh and my other pieces were fire as well!

@calikidcorals also did an awesome job with packaging!!

One of my shipments went out Monday and arrived Wednesday in excellent condition. FedEx has been off their game a bit, I mean mine had nothing to do with weather at all, just stayed at the Airport in Oakland an extra day before going to Phoenix.
My stuff was a bit on the hardy side though, Acans and Diaseris. @calikidcorals did an excellent job with communication and was willing to work with me if it had turned out worse.

A+++ all around

Get some pics up man you definitely snagged a good lot of shooms! My order comes next week, I do see some of the mystery boxes up still so I might snag one in hopes of getting some fire!!! Thanks for sharing!

Special K

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@calikidcorals how much longer is the sale gonna last. Really tempted to get a mystery box my self. Have thought about them the last two sales you guys have had

ADAM

@AK_Reefs on Instagram
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
(((((**ITS ALWAYS MEMPHIS!**)))))

Hiefully they’ll be ok! I’ve had 1-2 packages from CK get delayed in the past and only lost 1-2 each time in orders of 5-10 items. Praying they arrive in good health!

ADAM

@AK_Reefs on Instagram
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@calikidcorals how much longer is the sale gonna last. Really tempted to get a mystery box my self. Have thought about them the last two sales you guys have had
You may want to use the contact form on the website, email them directly, or send a PM on here. With all the orders going out and orders having to switch dates with the snow storms stopping shipping in much of the northeast I’m sure they’re really busy. Their profile shows Tuesday is the last time the logged in on R2R.

Angry Season 4 GIF by The Office

Last edited:

ADAM

@AK_Reefs on Instagram
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My order has settled in and everything looks real nice. The City of Gold torch has some great color, better than the pics showed IMO. Also picked up a rainbow chalice and the blue and red marbling is really nice but I can’t get a decent pic where I have the chalice in lower light right now.
5090DFD1-11A9-4363-8EB3-8A1D2FBFA1BE.jpeg
0A6ECA4A-340A-4A86-BFAB-3312FBA8D438.jpeg
1DA6D4BB-571D-4FCC-8950-550585946C0B.jpeg

GlfFxtrtYnky

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My order has settled in and everything looks real nice. The City of Gold torch has some great color, better than the pics showed IMO. Also picked up a rainbow chalice and the blue and red marbling is really nice but I can’t get a decent pic where I have the chalice in lower light right now.
5090DFD1-11A9-4363-8EB3-8A1D2FBFA1BE.jpeg
0A6ECA4A-340A-4A86-BFAB-3312FBA8D438.jpeg
1DA6D4BB-571D-4FCC-8950-550585946C0B.jpeg
I saw these while I was in their store and my mind was blown by the colors they were giving off.

Ling_Thing

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well looks like it’s not gonna arrive today either good god fed ex is awful, they will 100% be dead now with 3 days below freezing weather....this should be an interesting claim

Ling_Thing

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Surprise surprise FedEx was going to try to wait another day to make it three days to deliver it so I intercepted the package brought it home sure enough total loss everything’s dead ice cold water what an absolute shame. Sad part is FedEx says if the vendor wrote live animals on the box they would’ve gave priority to the package and kept it in a warm room if it got delayed. This is my second total loss shipment I’ve received from them in a year.

CWR24

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Surprise surprise FedEx was going to try to wait another day to make it three days to deliver it so I intercepted the package brought it home sure enough total loss everything’s dead ice cold water what an absolute shame. Sad part is FedEx says if the vendor wrote live animals on the box they would’ve gave priority to the package and kept it in a warm room if it got delayed. This is my second total loss shipment I’ve received from them in a year.
Sorry for your loss my friend, shipping companies are just terrible nowadays.

Having said that I find it absolutely laughable in that they'd actually try to pass along some horse crap that they would actually put that package in a "warm room" for you had it said "live animals" on there. Not a chance in hell that would have happened.

I deliver for the "other" major carrier and have seen it all in my 34+ years.....and am sitting here cracking up. Had they known, did they also say they would give your box the white glove treatment and sit it atop a pillow and put a nice warm blanket on it and make it feel special and cozy til you came for it?? What a bunch of jokers!!

It's my assumption that in order to get corporate discounts on shipping rates that ALL of the major coral vendors on here that ship high volume have something written into their contracts that prohibit them from making claims for such instances, which is nothing short of ridiculous. And if this is the case it's time they all take a stand and not bow down to them and keep accepting mediocre service.

And it doesn't matter what season of the year it is, they will use any excuse for being late and expect you to just accept it. Again I know how the system works and know all the games they play. I have had things arrive late from FedEx and check on the situation and make calls only to have reps tell me there is a weather delay in my area on a beautiful summer day and sun shining, yet they said it's delayed to "high winds and storms". I documented everything and call vendor to tell them I want my shipping charges refunded and they refuse to do a thing. Too afraid to ruffle feathers I guess. So we have to take it on the chin.

Another time I had a coral shipment coming express FedEx. Package shows delivered prior to 10:30am commit and I'm home and go to front door to check on it and it's not there. So I call customer service to say it's showing delivered but not here. They say they'll contact driver and see what's up.
About 20 minutes later guy comes flying up the street LATE with my delivery. He doesn't know I drive for the other company and know the game he's playing.

What took place is......1) the driver doesn't think he's gonna make all his Express deliveries by 10:30am

2) driver doesn't want to get chewed out by management having late air and scans it in far off my area where I live as delivered hoping customer/me doesn't notice as residential deliveries don't need a signature.

3) I confront driver in polite manner when he arrives and set up a nice word trap for him that he walked right into. Then went on to tell him not to BS me in that I drive myself and know what he's doing. He probably took a dump in his pants and his face was expressionless as he knew he been had. And went on to tell him that if I called in and had his management check his GPS position of how far away he was when he scanned my package and recorded it as delivered 30 minutes prior to arrival that he can be fired for dishonesty.
He apologized and I left it at that.

4) Call vendor and this one also refuses to initiate action yet again to reclaim and return my shipping charges for late/poor service.

Long story short, things like this take place constantly. And ALL of you vendors need to start taking a stand as I mentioned. It's very seldom that they have a legit reason for being late....although they'll tell you much differently.

For what it's worth and regardless if I had $10 worth of coral in my box or $2,000 it does not matter. My delivery yesterday came late near 3:30pm and was pretty much ice cold.

Ling_Thing

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry for your loss my friend, shipping companies are just terrible nowadays.

Having said that I find it absolutely laughable in that they'd actually try to pass along some horse crap that they would actually put that package in a "warm room" for you had it said "live animals" on there. Not a chance in hell that would have happened.

I deliver for the "other" major carrier and have seen it all in my 34+ years.....and am sitting here cracking up. Had they known, did they also say they would give your box the white glove treatment and sit it atop a pillow and put a nice warm blanket on it and make it feel special and cozy til you came for it?? What a bunch of jokers!!

It's my assumption that in order to get corporate discounts on shipping rates that ALL of the major coral vendors on here that ship high volume have something written into their contracts that prohibit them from making claims for such instances, which is nothing short of ridiculous. And if this is the case it's time they all take a stand and not bow down to them and keep accepting mediocre service.

And it doesn't matter what season of the year it is, they will use any excuse for being late and expect you to just accept it. Again I know how the system works and know all the games they play. I have had things arrive late from FedEx and check on the situation and make calls only to have reps tell me there is a weather delay in my area on a beautiful summer day and sun shining, yet they said it's delayed to "high winds and storms". I documented everything and call vendor to tell them I want my shipping charges refunded and they refuse to do a thing. Too afraid to ruffle feathers I guess. So we have to take it on the chin.

Another time I had a coral shipment coming express FedEx. Package shows delivered prior to 10:30am commit and I'm home and go to front door to check on it and it's not there. So I call customer service to say it's showing delivered but not here. They say they'll contact driver and see what's up.
About 20 minutes later guy comes flying up the street LATE with my delivery. He doesn't know I drive for the other company and know the game he's playing.

What took place is......1) the driver doesn't think he's gonna make all his Express deliveries by 10:30am

2) driver doesn't want to get chewed out by management having late air and scans it in far off my area where I live as delivered hoping customer/me doesn't notice as residential deliveries don't need a signature.

3) I confront driver in polite manner when he arrives and set up a nice word trap for him that he walked right into. Then went on to tell him not to BS me in that I drive myself and know what he's doing. He probably took a dump in his pants and his face was expressionless as he knew he been had. And went on to tell him that if I called in and had his management check his GPS position of how far away he was when he scanned my package and recorded it as delivered 30 minutes prior to arrival that he can be fired for dishonesty.
He apologized and I left it at that.

4) Call vendor and this one also refuses to initiate action yet again to reclaim and return my shipping charges for late/poor service.

Long story short, things like this take place constantly. And ALL of you vendors need to start taking a stand as I mentioned. It's very seldom that they have a legit reason for being late....although they'll tell you much differently.

For what it's worth and regardless if I had $10 worth of coral in my box or $2,000 it does not matter. My delivery yesterday came late near 3:30pm and was pretty much ice cold.
FedEx is absolute garbage period, i’m a private seller myself so I’ve probably mailed close to 100 packages and I have an account with UPS and I’ve also ordered hundreds of coral packages I have never not once had one delay with UPS or a single problem ever FedEx I’ve had at least a dozen delays and problems with them so my assumption is FedEx is a cheaper rate than UPS and all the vendors are bottom dollar driven so they choose FedEx. And I’m sure there’s going to be random people that are going to say hey I’ve had a delay with UPS but that’s just been my personal experience and as far as a live animals tag goes why wouldn’t you just put in the extra effort anyways just to cover yourself or the package just in case? I always use live animals or live fish labels whenever I ship my Corals and I’ve never had a problem...

Last edited:

CWR24

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
FedEx is absolute garbage period, i’m a private seller myself so I’ve probably mailed close to 100 packages and I have an account with UPS and I’ve also ordered hundreds of coral packages I have never not once had one delay with UPS or a single problem ever FedEx I’ve had at least a dozen delays and problems with them so my assumption is FedEx is a cheaper rate than UPS and all the vendors are bottom dollar driven so they choose FedEx. And I’m sure there’s going to be random people that are going to say hey I’ve had a delay with UPS but that’s just been my personal experience and as far as a live animals tag goes why wouldn’t you just put in the extra effort anyways just to cover yourself or the package just in case? I always use live animals or live fish labels whenever I ship my Corals and I’ve never had a problem...

Last edited:

Kellie in CA

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Made it out yesterday to pick up what I grabbed in the after sale. Frag was bigger than I expected. Very nice! Can’t wait to see this grow out.

Attachments

• D78A2E84-3840-4583-B006-9260736A951D.jpeg
    D78A2E84-3840-4583-B006-9260736A951D.jpeg
    98 KB · Views: 60

Aquatic acrobat in your aquarium: Have you ever kept an eel?

• I currently keep an eel in my tank.

Votes: 29 14.3%
  • I have kept an eel in my tank in the past.

Votes: 35 17.2%
  • I have not kept an eel in my tank, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 36 17.7%
  • I have no plans to keep an eel.

Votes: 100 49.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.5%
Back