Calibration of Salinity with base Apex Neptune system

Snoopdog

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the basic setup with four probes, I do not have the separate salinity module. I have watched some of the videos and read about calibrating the salinity. One thing I do not understand is this 2.2 offset that people talk about. I am not clear on when you use that? My method of calibrating the first time was floating the solution in the sump for a while, then put the temperature probe in the same container as the tank water, floating the solution bag right next to it with the salinity probe in the solution. In went through the automatic calibration, but I keep thinking should I had manually changed an offset? Can someone please clarify. When testing my temperature in the tank was 78.1

TheHarold

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No need to change anything. What they are referring to is a temperature compensation value, which is automatically enabled.

If you click the gear on your dashboard to expand the menu, select the input option (looks like a mercury thermometer), select the salinity probe, and then advanced, you will see it.

OP
OP
Snoopdog

Snoopdog

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No need to change anything. What they are referring to is a temperature compensation value, which is automatically enabled.

If you click the gear on your dashboard to expand the menu, select the input option (looks like a mercury thermometer), select the salinity probe, and then advanced, you will see it.
Right, and it is set to 0. So you are saying do not change it to 2.2?

TheHarold

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Right, and it is set to 0. So you are saying do not change it to 2.2?

My bad then, I thought it was pre-set to 2.2.

Yeah, setting it to 2.2 will give more reliable readings as temperature changes.

Here is what they say when you click the "?" - note it requires recalibration:

Screen Shot 2020-08-28 at 12.08.23 PM.png

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 45 20.6%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 76 34.9%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 72 33.0%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 21 9.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.8%
Back