Can i get this fish?

yellow tang lover

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So i have a bio cube 32 and i am planning to get 1 or 2 more fish. I currently have a 2 clownfish 1 royal gamma, a skunk cleaner shrimp, a anemone, a urchin, and my corals and snails. I have my eyes on the Midas Blenny. Can I get it?

kevgib67

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here’s a picture where I rarely get all the fish in it.
FBF83925-3362-4EFF-940F-E0FF31541506.jpeg

kevgib67

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
should i get a diamond watchman goby?
I don’t know how old your tank is but if you do wait 4-5 months for the sandbed to contain enough food to sustain it. I love the personality and it helps keep the the sandbed turned over, clean and white. They can be a little messy the first few months until they find their permanent den.

Zenith

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don’t know how old your tank is but if you do wait 4-5 months for the sandbed to contain enough food to sustain it. I love the personality and it helps keep the the sandbed turned over, clean and white. They can be a little messy the first few months until they find their permanent den.
What do you mean by wait for sand bed to contain enough food, is it referring to the leftover food post feeding?

OP
OP
yellow tang lover

yellow tang lover

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
well my tank is around 1 years old and my sand bed is pretty dirty

littlefoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So i have a bio cube 32 and i am planning to get 1 or 2 more fish. I currently have a 2 clownfish 1 royal gamma, a skunk cleaner shrimp, a anemone, a urchin, and my corals and snails. I have my eyes on the Midas Blenny. Can I get it?
I say yes! Lots of people say they need a 70 gallon (usually my LFS people) cause they can get big compared to other blennies, but my dude Mo would do just fine in this size I think. He does swim around for a few minutes every hour but then back to his barnacle! One of my favorite fish. I 100% say buy him a barnacle cause they LOVE them and none of the other fish could care less about barnacles. Plus he is so cute with his head poking out!

Attachments

• IMG_3123.jpeg
    IMG_3123.jpeg
    137 KB · Views: 61
  • IMG_3103.jpeg
    IMG_3103.jpeg
    187.2 KB · Views: 44
OP
OP
yellow tang lover

yellow tang lover

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I say yes! Lots of people say they need a 70 gallon (usually my LFS people) cause they can get big compared to other blennies, but my dude Mo would do just fine in this size I think. He does swim around for a few minutes every hour but then back to his barnacle! One of my favorite fish. I 100% say buy him a barnacle cause they LOVE them and none of the other fish could care less about barnacles. Plus he is so cute with his head poking out!
Where do you get barnacles?

kevgib67

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wait, if you put sand first is it ok?
Hmm, not sure what you are asking. Do you have a bare bottom tank? If so I wouldn’t put a sand sifting goby in. If you’re asking because you have a bare bottom tank and will add sand, then you will need to wait the time I mentioned for flora and fauna to become enough to sustain it. I might have totally misunderstood your question.

OP
OP
yellow tang lover

yellow tang lover

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hmm, not sure what you are asking. Do you have a bare bottom tank? If so I wouldn’t put a sand sifting goby in. If you’re asking because you have a bare bottom tank and will add sand, then you will need to wait the time I mentioned for flora and fauna to become enough to sustain it. I might have totally misunderstood your question.
No like if you put sand before the rock is that ok?

kevgib67

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It is recommended to place the rock on the glass bottom and then add sand so the rock is more stable. The rock bottom isn’t usually flat so there should be little caves or arrange the rock against each other leaving space near the bottom.

Freshwater filter only or is it? Have you ever used an HOB filter on a saltwater tank?

• I currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank.

Votes: 56 24.6%
  • I don’t currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 59 25.9%
  • I have used a HOB on fish only or quarantine tanks, but not on the display tank.

Votes: 55 24.1%
  • I have never used a HOB on a saltwater tank.

Votes: 54 23.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.8%
Back