***Cancelled**** AZ FRAG March Meeting, 3/21 @ 3PM ***Cancelled****

Would you like to see Saturday's meeting still held, or cancelled?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

evolved

[email protected]
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update, 3/18: Meeting is cancelled.

Join us for our March meeting and enjoy our first meeting in a park!

For this meeting, we rented the North Ramada at Tempe's Papago Park (map below). We have it reserved all afternoon, but will stick to our usual time, 3-5PM.

The extended forecast looks clear, with afternoon temps in the low 70's. So we should be good to host the usual auction, but I will caveat that will might revisit that if the temperatures might shift into the 80s (I doubt it - just being cautious!).

WE WILL NOT HAVE ELECTRICITY, so plan accordingly. That also means we won't be able to use the camera and projector/screen to display the corals as we go through the auction, so I would recommend everyone who's listing corals to post nice pictures in this thread! :)

This would be a great time to conduct a make-shift garage sale for any of your old equipment. If you'd like to bring a box of the sell-able reef stuff out of your garage, please do!

Food & Drink: Let's make it a pot-luck again - feel free (but certainly not obligated) to contribute. We DO have a beer permit, but NO GLASS bottles are permitted in the park - cans or plastic cups only please!

For the auction, please be a member in good standing prior to 3:00PM. Bidder numbers are assigned at registration and you'll keep your same number forever.

This meeting DOES require club dues. Sign up here if you have not registered before for AZ FRAG: http://www.arizonafrag.com/membership
Upon receipt of your application, I will send you a PayPal invoice for your dues - don't fret if your payment is unsuccessful as the applications are still coming through.

Tempe, AZ 85281

When:
March 21st 3:00pm to 5:00pm
Coral auction begins around 4:00pm

SELLERS……Please list your Bidder number and up to 20 corals for the auction with the starting bid. Pictures are HIGHLY encouraged. You have until Friday night before the auction at 9pm to list. Please have your corals available for the 3:00 viewing.

We look forward to another great meeting!

The north ramada is circled - note this map is rotated - north is to the right. There is additional parking at the ballpark just north of Curry, as shown (if needed).

PapagoPark.png

Last edited:

noonelikesadrytang

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Look forward to day drinking, errr reef meeting, in the park.

I could probably bring a generator, if it’s allowed, but we may want to get it a bit away from us(it isn’t super loud at 58 decibels, but after a while it can be annoying), just so it’s not obnoxious for normal conversations.

OP
OP
evolved

evolved

[email protected]
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I could probably bring a generator, if it’s allowed, but we may want to get it a bit away from us(it isn’t super loud at 58 decibels, but after a while it can be annoying), just so it’s not obnoxious for normal conversations.
I have quiet 3200 inverter generator (my emergency reef backup), but I don't have a truck to bring it back home after when the engine is still hot.
I need to look at the park rules more throughly to see if it's permitted - at a quick pass I didn't see it prohibited - but I am not certain either.

noonelikesadrytang

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have quiet 3200 inverter generator (my emergency reef backup), but I don't have a truck to bring it back home after when the engine is still hot.
I need to look at the park rules more throughly to see if it's permitted - at a quick pass I didn't see it prohibited - but I am not certain either.
That’s what ours is too ( https://www.firmanpowerequipment.com/shop/inverter-w02981/ ) I could bring ours or run yours home in Chocolate Thunder (when you see the truck, you’ll understand the name ). Just let me know what’s needed.

OP
OP
evolved

evolved

[email protected]
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hmm, what to bring is the question. We had so much left over from the last pot luck.
I think everyone need not think so big this time. Trays of sandwiches are great, but not if every person brings them. :) Or maybe just make a post and claim such, if you'd rather.
Side dishes are fine, or shareable snacks.
Oh and that reminds me, I still need to get a generator.
I've actually had to use it before, during a summer outage. I also have a backup portable AC unit for the living room, which is handy in a 110F outage, or if the home AC quits suddenly. My father keeps telling me I need to get a home backup generator so it doesn't depend on me (automated). He's probably right...

Epic Aquaculture

The artist formerly known as SawCJack00
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm not sure if I can make it as I have a commitment earlier in the day and I don't know what time it ends, but if I can I will be there. I won't bring any frags this time since it's outside and Acros are just a bit more finicky than other types. Hope to see you all there, but if I don't make it have a good time!

vanpire

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm not sure if I can make it as I have a commitment earlier in the day and I don't know what time it ends, but if I can I will be there. I won't bring any frags this time since it's outside and Acros are just a bit more finicky than other types. Hope to see you all there, but if I don't make it have a good time!
No way Bill.....

Love your frags, even if just looking at them.

OP
OP
evolved

evolved

[email protected]
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I won't bring any frags this time since it's outside and Acros are just a bit more finicky than other types.
I can understand the commitment conflict making it difficult, but I think you underestimate the resilience of most corals. :)

noonelikesadrytang

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hope you can make it!

While my wallet may thank you, my tank will be very upset it won't be get any more of that Epic Aquaculture goodness on the evening of the 21st.

OP
OP
evolved

evolved

[email protected]
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'll bring some corn hole boards with me; a good conversation piece - but made to be used, too. These are all photos I've taken, of my corals/fish in the past.

20200312_175718.jpg

Epic Aquaculture

The artist formerly known as SawCJack00
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
With frags? You think we want you, but we all know what we really want. ;)
Yes I'll bring frags if I am able to come. I know I won't be allowed there if I don't! :)

OP
OP
evolved

evolved

[email protected]
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
what's the latest and greatest? Are we still on for a gathering of 50 or less?
Well, the latest from the CDC yesterday is:
Cancel events for groups of 250 people or more.​
  • 3/16/20 UPDATE: During the next 15 days, all U.S. events of 10+ people should be cancelled or held virtually.
The last communication sent out by the City of Tempe on Sunday was:
Already-made reservations for city fields, parks and ramadas before April 30 will be honored. No new reservations will be accepted through April 30.​

Therefore, if we cancel, we will not get a refund - but in fairness, it was only $40 (I paid it and haven't even reimbursed myself yet). Given the CDC's latest, it does seem like a cancellation would be best, as much as it pains me to say.
I'll toss a poll up here and we can vote.

AZMSGT

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was already planning on skipping. We’ve already had to self QT once already. Thankfully it was only a few days. The person who was sick came back negative. But I would rather just get all the life stopping BS over with now and move on in a month.

Set it and forget it: Do you change your aquascape as your corals grow?

• I regularly change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 14 9.3%
  • I occasionally change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 43 28.7%
  • I rarely change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 71 47.3%
  • I never change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 19 12.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.0%
Back