OP
OP
R

Reffetsevla

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I highly doubt your flame dragonet was eaten by any pistol shrimp/candy cane or other, I am unsure about jumping also as they tend to be mostly bottom dwellers, also if you seen it resting/sleeping the night before then it should of survived the night with your other inhabitants IMO, , I'm sorry if I missed it but what size aquriam do you have and what system could it of potentially got sucked into please ??

I would also agree with the other posts saying don't tear up/down your setup due to a missing inhabitant.... It may just want a day off from looking at you lol :) :)
I'll post pics of mine which I introduced 1 month ago, also caught it on video eating bloodworm but so hard as she is fast
honestly I would just be patient, she may have found a congregation of pods she is sat eating
It's an IM 20g Fusion Pro, it's the little overflows slots, they are big enough for a tiny fish to get through, and she did once before. However I have sponges at the top under about 1" of water, so she should've been caught there. The UV portion though has a small opening in the middle she may have fit through. Other than that, I am lost as to where she could be.

Not tearing the tank apart but man, just weird to lose a whole a** fish in a 20g lol

Tamberav

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A CUC/worms can eat it in a few hours.

Do you have a lid? I lost my very first ruby through 1/4 inch netting (unlucky). Dragonetts are jumpers... bottom dweller means nothing, jawfish and gobies are jumpers too.

OP
OP
R

Reffetsevla

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I didn't have the mesh top on the night it happened, and my cat just batted her withered dried corpse out from under the rug. Awesome. She had to have been batted under there to begin with because I didn't see her for two days. Also no smell lol Tiny fish

Well that solves that. She had never even strayed near the top during the day. Lesson learned though. Dragonets jump. lol

Set it and forget it: Do you change your aquascape as your corals grow?

• I regularly change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 14 9.1%
  • I occasionally change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 43 27.9%
  • I rarely change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 75 48.7%
  • I never change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 19 12.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.9%
Back