Cannot get alarm on LDK

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

JXNATC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all. I recently installed a FMM module for detecting leaks. I programmed the probes under EmailAlm_15 to "If Swx3_1 CLOSED Then ON" and "If Swx3_2 CLOSED Then ON." I used a damp paper towel to test the probes. They both flip to closed with the damp paper towel. It shows that I have an alert in the Alarm Log if I'm in Fusion. However, I do not get a notification on my device. I have looked under settings and ensured that my devices are set up to receive alert notifications. I do not receive the actual alarm though. Also, when I look under the Inputs screen, NOTHING has a tick mark under alarms. I am not sure how to set the individual alarms. It seems that they are all off. Any suggestions?

GK3

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Hi all. I recently installed a FMM module for detecting leaks. I programmed the probes under EmailAlm_15 to "If Swx3_1 CLOSED Then ON" and "If Swx3_2 CLOSED Then ON." I used a damp paper towel to test the probes. They both flip to closed with the damp paper towel. It shows that I have an alert in the Alarm Log if I'm in Fusion. However, I do not get a notification on my device. I have looked under settings and ensured that my devices are set up to receive alert notifications. I do not receive the actual alarm though. Also, when I look under the Inputs screen, NOTHING has a tick mark under alarms. I am not sure how to set the individual alarms. It seems that they are all off. Any suggestions?
Can you post what all is in your alarm code?

SuncrestReef

That Apex guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Alarms that are defined in code under the EmailAlm output will not indicate a checkmark under the list of Inputs. Only alarms defined directly on the Input settings screen would show that checkmark.

I don’t recommend mixing Input-defined alarms with EmailAlm coded alarms because that doesn’t give you any control over the alarm priority. I explain this in more detail in my tutorial on Apex Alarms:

Have you ever received an alarm notification on your device? Have you tried the Test feature under your Fusion account settings…Notification settings?

OP
OP
JXNATC

JXNATC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220109-185226_APEX Fusion.jpg
    Screenshot_20220109-185226_APEX Fusion.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 43
OP
OP
JXNATC

JXNATC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Alarms that are defined in code under the EmailAlm output will not indicate a checkmark under the list of Inputs. Only alarms defined directly on the Input settings screen would show that checkmark.

I don’t recommend mixing Input-defined alarms with EmailAlm coded alarms because that doesn’t give you any control over the alarm priority. I explain this in more detail in my tutorial on Apex Alarms:

Have you ever received an alarm notification on your device? Have you tried the Test feature under your Fusion account settings…Notification settings?
The tank has been dry while I plumbed it. When I first got the Apex I received a Ph probe error and there was no probe hooked up. I recently disabled the Ph and Temperature probes in Fusion until I'm ready to fill with saltwater. I started leak testing yesterday and became concerned when the LDK didn't notice the water from a loose union it was under.

I did do the test feature under settings->Notifications. Everything communicated. I'm trying to learn as much as I can before it starts the cycle.

SuncrestReef

That Apex guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The tank has been dry while I plumbed it. When I first got the Apex I received a Ph probe error and there was no probe hooked up. I recently disabled the Ph and Temperature probes in Fusion until I'm ready to fill with saltwater. I started leak testing yesterday and became concerned when the LDK didn't notice the water from a loose union it was under.

I did do the test feature under settings->Notifications. Everything communicated. I'm trying to learn as much as I can before it starts the cycle.
While the leak sensors are dry, does Fusion still show an indicator of any active alarm? One of the big limitations of the Apex is its inability to report on multiple alarms at the same time. Once an alarm is triggered, no additional alarms will be noticed until that first one has been cleared. Any other active alarm would prevent it from notifying you about the leak sensors while you're testing them.

SuncrestReef

That Apex guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also, one dumb question...Is your EmailAlm slider on the dashboard set to AUTO? If not, the alarm programming is ignored.

OP
OP
JXNATC

JXNATC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
While the leak sensors are dry, does Fusion still show an indicator of any active alarm? One of the big limitations of the Apex is its inability to report on multiple alarms at the same time. Once an alarm is triggered, no additional alarms will be noticed until that first one has been cleared. Any other active alarm would prevent it from notifying you about the leak sensors while you're testing them.
Nope. When the damp papertowel was removed and it was dry, the switch was back to open and there was no indication of being in alarm. When damp the indicator stated "Alarm Log" but nothing was in the log. There's still nothing in the log and did ensure log was enabled.

SuncrestReef

That Apex guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nope. When the damp papertowel was removed and it was dry, the switch was back to open and there was no indication of being in alarm. When damp the indicator stated "Alarm Log" but nothing was in the log. There's still nothing in the log and did ensure log was enabled.
When you view the Alarm Log, if it doesn't show any entries for today:
Screen Shot 2022-01-09 at 4.12.58 PM.png

then click each previous date one by one until you see the most recent day that had any activity. In my example, the last entry was on Jan 7th:
Screen Shot 2022-01-09 at 4.13.10 PM.png

What does your Alarm Log look like on the last day where there are any entries?

OP
OP
JXNATC

JXNATC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When you view the Alarm Log, if it doesn't show any entries for today:
Screen Shot 2022-01-09 at 4.12.58 PM.png

then click each previous date one by one until you see the most recent day that had any activity. In my example, the last entry was on Jan 7th:
Screen Shot 2022-01-09 at 4.13.10 PM.png

What does your Alarm Log look like on the last day where there are any entries?
It goes back to 12/27. Here it is:

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220109-195248_APEX Fusion.jpg
    Screenshot_20220109-195248_APEX Fusion.jpg
    80.4 KB · Views: 49

SuncrestReef

That Apex guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It goes back to 12/27. Here it is:
Since your screenshot is cut off at the bottom, does the log ever show "Alarm is off" for the final entry as shown above in my screenshot from Jan 7th? If not, then that pH alarm would continue to block any leak detector alarms from coming through.

GK3

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
You have an alarm coming from somewhere else that is overriding this one. Turn off them temp, salt, ph, and orp alarms in each prob setting. Then I’ll bet your leak alarms work.

also - this is what someone else was referring to above. When you use the built in alarms along with these custom alarms, you don’t have the ability to set priority. So in this case the probe alarm takes priority over a leak. Best advice is to have all of your alarms in the area where you leak alarms are and set your leak alarms very last. This way no matter what is going on, a leak should always have priority.

GK3

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Since your screenshot is cut off at the bottom, does the log ever show "Alarm is off" for the final entry as shown above in my screenshot from Jan 7th? If not, then that pH alarm would continue to block any leak detector alarms from coming through.
Ahhh should have read all of these before I responded. +1 to this one.

OP
OP
JXNATC

JXNATC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry! I thought the whole thing was there. It does say Alarm off.
Ahhh should have read all of these before I responded. +1 to this one.
Yeah, I'm an idiot still trying to learn this system. It is working now.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220109-200145_APEX Fusion.jpg
    Screenshot_20220109-200145_APEX Fusion.jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 24

SuncrestReef

That Apex guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry! I thought the whole thing was there. It does say Alarm off.

Yeah, I'm an idiot still trying to learn this system. It is working now.
Did you change anything to cause it to suddenly work?

As for trying to learn the Apex, be sure to check out my whole series of Apex tutorials in addition to the one I posted above about Alarms:

OP
OP
JXNATC

JXNATC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you change anything to cause it to suddenly work?

As for trying to learn the Apex, be sure to check out my whole series of Apex tutorials in addition to the one I posted above about Alarms:
I did. I made sure that the slider was on auto and not in the off position. Told you I was an idiot!

I actually was using your series yesterday. Thanks for putting that out.

SuncrestReef

That Apex guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did. I made sure that the slider was on auto and not in the off position. Told you I was an idiot!

I actually was using your series yesterday. Thanks for putting that out.
You're not an idiot! I learned my Apex through trial and error just like you and many others. That's why I wrote my series of Apex tutorials, to help others avoid the mistakes I made along the way.

Glad you sorted it out.

OP
OP
JXNATC

JXNATC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wonder if you've seen this before...I was sitting down to dinner when my phone started going nuts. It was Fusion sending me alarms via the app and via text. However, every single notification said Alarm Off. It never sent an Alarm On notification. Fusion on my cell phone did not show either of the leak detectors as Closed and those are the only alarms that I have active while I'm leak testing the tank. I ran to the office and found a couple of drops of water...I mean a really trace amount, coming from one of the reducers on a UV Sterilizer. It was almost directly over the leak detector. The display on the control board said that detector was Closed. However, the Alarm Log didn't show that it was on either. Did I screw up somewhere?

OP
OP
JXNATC

JXNATC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wonder if you've seen this before...I was sitting down to dinner when my phone started going nuts. It was Fusion sending me alarms via the app and via text. However, every single notification said Alarm Off. It never sent an Alarm On notification. Fusion on my cell phone did not show either of the leak detectors as Closed and those are the only alarms that I have active while I'm leak testing the tank. I ran to the office and found a couple of drops of water...I mean a really trace amount, coming from one of the reducers on a UV Sterilizer. It was almost directly over the leak detector. The display on the control board said that detector was Closed. However, the Alarm Log didn't show that it was on either. Did I screw up somewhere?
Oops...forgot to post the logs.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220112-200719_APEX_Fusion.jpg
    Screenshot_20220112-200719_APEX_Fusion.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 31
  • Screenshot_20220112-200741_APEX_Fusion.jpg
    Screenshot_20220112-200741_APEX_Fusion.jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 33

SuncrestReef

That Apex guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One of your sensors is rapidly toggling the alarm on and off so quickly that the Apex doesn’t have time to send the initial Alarm On notification before it sends the Alarm Off notification.

Add this line of code to your EmailAlm output to force the alarm to remain on long enough to send the notification containing the description of what’s causing the alarm.

Min Time 000:30 Then ON

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 22 13.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 6.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 14.3%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 93 57.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 6.8%
Back