Captain america morph?

KLR

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was taking pics of some of my zoas when i noticed something weird about my 3 polyps of captain americas.......1 is purple with a neon green mouth..not red with white mouth

It is the green skirt like c.a.,then a purple body with a neon green mouth...it is a morph of c.a. because it is connected to the other 2 polyps

Is this already a named zoa or a common morph of c.a.?

IMG_5934.jpg
IMG_5937.jpg

I also got a cool picture of my tang while i was taking these
IMG_5946.jpg

ficklefins

Super Duper Moderator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wouldn't call it a morph as much as a PIT (Polyp in Transition... yes I did just make that up :p ) . This can be do to a few different factors, but in your case it is transitioning either from a new/young polyp to a mature color, or it is gaining its color after being shaded by another larger polyp. It should color up to be the same as the other two.

However, if it matures and develops other polyps of the same mostly purple coloration it would be safe to say you got something new.

BTW, very nice coloring on those Captains.

Last edited:
OP
OP
KLR

KLR

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok thanks for helping me out, im just starting my zoa and paly addiction.............

I had 1 polyp 1 month ago, now its 3! hope it continues to grow that fast

xraided199

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
protopaly...thats all i gotta say. i was jus reading another convo on someone's proto they had and the growth rate of them. nuc greens, purple deaths, etc are protopalys and seem to grow much quicker than some other palys and zoas. again, many tank factors influence the growth rate, but it is pretty safe to say they grow quickly. very very very nice coloring on yours by the way, i can't wait to go home and see my new CA that jus came in!! haha

Speg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They probably grow so quickly because they catch food really well...unlike zoas which are really small and harder to feed.

OP
OP
KLR

KLR

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yea i just learned that those types were protopalys and like speg said they will close up and try to eat anything that land on them

Also i hand feed my corals 2-3 times weekly(depending on coral) so that prob speeds up their growth

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 2 1.7%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 19 16.0%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 52 43.7%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 42 35.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.5%
Back