Cardinal's and a 'Nem (video)

skulls_and_sparrows

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yup, that title is correct...LOL...I have Bangaii Cardinals and they are chilling with my 'nem...

A little back ground...I bought a LT 'nem for my clown, the day after I got it, I went to a LFS and saw 5 tiny Bangaii Cardinals (when I say tiny, I'm talking smaller then a nickel) and I wanted a group of them, so I bought them all. Put them in the tank and they hung out in the corner, all together that night. I woke up the next morning and to my horror they were all by the 'nem, I started freaking out thinking, great they are all going to be a very expensive 5 course meal for the LT, but after watching them, they all seemed ok and not bothered by the 'nem at all.

So I started to do some research and come to find out as juveniles, they actually hang with clown fish and 'nems in nature, so its really cool!!!! They don't really, swim inside it, but are for sure right around it and don't leave it, unless to eat. I didnt find many pics or videos, so I thought I'd take a real quick video so, other's could see.

(I apologize, I left the mic on, so you just hear static noise, so just leave the volume down, LOL...also I apologize for the Blotchy Anthias & my double whiptail, who apparently want to be the stars...so they are out of focus.)

I hope everyone finds this as interesting as I do...

[video=youtube;UEaqF-GdbEY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UEaqF-GdbEY&feature=youtu.be[/video]

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Wow that's cool!

Dowtish

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The fish at :29 even seems to be surprised. LOL

Really cool man! thanks for sharing

MarvinsReef

Clownfish Aficionado
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
very cool vid.. thanks for sharing.. 1smile1

one of the main reasons I purchased a pair of Banggai Cardinals is they do hover, sometimes even touch, BTA's... perfect for my tank set up. :)

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 27 15.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 6.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 24 13.5%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 103 57.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 6.7%
Back