castires' 480g Monster

castires

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just got my new tank delivered last week and thought I'd start a thread here to monitor the progress. It will replace my existing Red Sea 750XXL. The tank and supplies have all been purchased through @TopShelfAquatics. I truly appreciate all of the time, help, and guidance they've given me over the past year.

The dimensions are 96x36x32, approx. 480 gallons. Tank has eurobracing around the top, as well as top and bottom aluminum bracing. The seams also have the builders version of armored seams. I will be building a custom skin to go around the stand along with a matching canopy. The sump is 72x21x18. It has a sock, skimmer, return, and refugium sections. It also has a matching 20g ATO container.

Equipment List (so far)
  • Lighting
    • (8) - Radion G4 Pros
  • Filtration
    • NYOS Quantum 300 Skimmer
    • (3) - 7" filter socks
    • ~500lbs of Marco Rock
  • Circulation
    • (2) MP60's
    • (3) MP40's
    • (2) Vectra L2's
  • Controller
    • Apex

IMG_7394.jpg IMG_7395.jpg IMG_7396.jpg

Epic Aquaculture

The artist formerly known as SawCJack00
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just got my new tank delivered last week and thought I'd start a thread here to monitor the progress. It will replace my existing Red Sea 750XXL. The tank and supplies have all been purchased through @TopShelfAquatics. I truly appreciate all of the time, help, and guidance they've given me over the past year.

The dimensions are 96x36x32, approx. 480 gallons. Tank has eurobracing around the top, as well as top and bottom aluminum bracing. The seams also have the builders version of armored seams. I will be building a custom skin to go around the stand along with a matching canopy. The sump is 72x21x18. It has a sock, skimmer, return, and refugium sections. It also has a matching 20g ATO container.

Equipment List (so far)
  • Lighting
    • (8) - Radion G4 Pros
  • Filtration
    • NYOS Quantum 300 Skimmer
    • (3) - 7" filter socks
    • ~500lbs of Marco Rock
  • Circulation
    • (2) MP60's
    • (3) MP40's
    • (2) Vectra L2's
  • Controller
    • Apex

IMG_7394.jpg IMG_7395.jpg IMG_7396.jpg
Nice! We'll be building at the same time. I'm setting up my 460 right now and will be starting a build thread soon. I am also transferring an existed RS 750 XXL into my new tank.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 24 29.3%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 30 36.6%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 22 26.8%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 5 6.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.2%
Back