568668D8-8B11-4D8D-AD00-5891A83762B8.jpeg

4860AA1B-FD9C-4CC4-9D59-9B03BD1E75AA.jpeg

vlangel

Seahorse whisperer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is what I wondered: if the significant factor was similarity in appearance. I might be fine with my choices (which are almost nothing alike), but maybe @Noah Hemingway would have trouble between a yellow watchman goby and midas blenny since they are somewhat alike in shape and color?
I too would be afraid that a Midas blenny looks too similar to a yellow watchman goby and that they might fight.

MohrReefs

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for your response, vlangel. Since I may include one, I like to hear that a midas blenny can be a benevolent dictator!

That is what I wondered: if the significant factor was similarity in appearance. I might be fine with my choices (which are almost nothing alike), but maybe @Noah Hemingway would have trouble between a yellow watchman goby and midas blenny since they are somewhat alike in shape and color?
Its a possibility, every fish is different. Everyone warned me about the blenny and my mandarin dragonett and it could care less about the mandarin and picked another fish to punk lol.

I think watchmen and Midas are pretty docile though if I remember.

Angel_Anthias lover

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How aggressive are they?
Mines is pretty peaceful, though in a 30 gallon they may be somewhat more boisterous as they are a larger species and can be pains to new additions for a day or 2 in my experience, but no damage is ever done. I imagine it will be fine if you add it later on and get a small one.

OP
OP
Noah Hemingway

Noah Hemingway

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mines is pretty peaceful, though in a 30 gallon they may be somewhat more boisterous as they are a larger species and can be pains to new additions for a day or 2 in my experience, but no damage is ever done. I imagine it will be fine if you add it later on and get a small one.
Would probably be okay as the last addition right?

Stigigemla

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As You are having a 200 gallon reef already I would suggest to do something different with the small tank. Otherwise it would just be a small copy of the big tank or a frag center.
If the big one is SPS+ LPS I would recommend softies. The best for a 30 gallon would be mushrooms and maybe Zoanthus. Thats something I never would put in a 200 gallon because they are so hard to control if they begin to spread. In a 30 gallon its manageable.
For fishes I would have Ecsenius stigmatura and a pair of Stonogobius nematodes with a shrimp. Maybe a group of Apogon parvulus as free swimmers.
A few gobies such as Gobiodon okinawae or maybe some Trimma would end the fish list.

If You can connect the small tank with the big one Seahorses and gorgonians could be an alternativ.

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dwarf Angelfish? I have a Midnight and Coral Beauty (separate tanks). Mandarin Dragonets are also nice but unless you find one that's latched onto frozen food you won't be able to cultivate a large enough copepod colony.

Also agree with the Sixline wrasse. The Leopard wrasse is also a very nice fish, and it's hilarious how it digs itself out of the substrate every morning!

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 104 75.9%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 10.9%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 5.8%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 3 2.2%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 3 2.2%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.5%
Back