Changed to tropic marin pro reef salt

road_runner

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How happy should I be? my tank is mostly nems and a few acros.
I use teopic marine pro for years. Reason I use it is because I run natural sea level parameters. TMP is solid but keep in mind it mixes at lower range of the foundation paramaters.
I run alk 6.7 to 7.1. And ca 400
So if you are ok with these ranges this salt is for you.
If you run elevated levels you will need to dose more than if you use other salts.
So it depends on what system you use.

All salts are the same only major differences are the paramater levels at which each salt mixes at 35ppt..

Kirschy17

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use teopic marine pro for years. Reason I use it is because I run natural sea level parameters. TMP is solid but keep in mind it mixes at lower range of the foundation paramaters.
I run alk 6.7 to 7.1. And ca 400
So if you are ok with these ranges this salt is for you.
If you run elevated levels you will need to dose more than if you use other salts.
So it depends on what system you use.

All salts are the same only major differences are the paramater levels at which each salt mixes at 35ppt..
I switched to am pro a few months ago aswell as starting liquid dosing with a pump. Before i dosed some dry calcium manually. Since then ive had issues getting my kh up. Might be related to the salt.

Do you have any issues with coral growth with these natural parameters? Kh of 6 would often be called off as low wouldnt it?

THIEN LE

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Natural sea water alk is 6 to 6.5 I believe.
I run UNLS paired with NSW parameters. Growth and coloration are great. But keep in mind am not recommending that for you.
Reef aquarium is a balance of multiple things not only paramaters.
I mentioned the parameters regarding the salt since you were asking about the TMP salt.."
Where did you get your NSW from ? water here in Tampa bay/FL parameters are 8.1 dkH, 410 cal, 12.4 Mag. I have to add 5-7 ml Alk/15gal to bring it upto what in the tank every water change.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 16 18.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 3 3.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 14 16.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 46 52.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 9.2%
Back