Cheeto's 5 gal Zoa/Acan tank

cheetofingers

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone! Just wanted to start a thread for my nano. The tank was originally an Ecoxotic Ecopico, which is a 5.1g tank. I was originally running 10 of their light strips, but although I liked the color combo on the lights, they weren't the best. I switched those out for a Ecotech Radion Xr15w pro, and swapped out the small pump with an MP10. The tank is a little under a year old at this point, and the only maintenance I do on it is water changes of 1.5 gal every 3 or 4 days.

Anyway, here's some pics, let me know that you think :)

5MltmNx.jpg
FTS

NPbbUHb.jpg
front zoas

LwZbLaS.jpg
some acans

Almost all of my frags were started from single polyps. Even the acans, even though they were transferred from my previous nano which was up for 3 years or so. :)

Shep

Acan Connoisseur
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is an amazing tank!

Shep

Acan Connoisseur
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No problem, always gotta compliment a fellow acan head!

FishGuyTy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome! I am assuming that mp10 is on it's lowest setting. How does it work? I have a Fluval edge 6 gal and I want to get one for it. It just don't want to blow it up too bad. I will have a similar stock list to you in the end and similar maintenance.

OP
OP
C

cheetofingers

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey FishGuy, actually the MP10 is at about 25%, and it works REALLY well. With the exception of the small bald spot in the corner from it moving the sand around too much there. The corals love the MP10, Im glad I spent the cash on it. Cant wait to see yours, make sure you post a link in here when its up. The tank does really well with just water changes, and 10 ml of Calcium additive (for some reason I never need to add the ALK additive). Hope that helps :)

OP
OP
C

cheetofingers

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome! I am assuming that mp10 is on it's lowest setting. How does it work? I have a Fluval edge 6 gal and I want to get one for it. It just don't want to blow it up too bad. I will have a similar stock list to you in the end and similar maintenance.
I thought I had quoted you.. but I guess it didnt go through. I replied tho!

FishGuyTy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's great! Well you a clearly doing everything right ! What light did you run before the XR15? Like I said, I have that Fluval edge and space is very limited to try and keep the clean look so I'm still deciding on an upgrade. I put a Fluval edge 12 gallon LED on it about 6 months ago and it's ok, not great. I will be getting an mp10 for it after seeing this! Thanks!

Shep

Acan Connoisseur
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can we get a pic of the tank from the front? Would love to get a better look at the rock work!

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 18 8.0%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 39 17.4%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 150 67.0%
  • Neither.

Votes: 11 4.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.7%

Back