Chicago and Colorado Sunburst side by side (picture)

Makara23

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There are plenty of pictures of both online, but hard to find both together in the same tank under the same light. So here it is. I took this pic at Reefapalooza this past weekend, no edits but I did use a yellow filter and the color/vibrancy is true to what’s seen in person.

We only bought one. I wanted to the Chicago, wife wanted the Colorado. She won.

20230809_113046.jpg

OP
OP
Makara23

Makara23

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They're both very nice! Was it even a possibility your wife wasn't going to get to choose? :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes:

She does 80% of the animal choosing, but 0% of the husbandry (pun intended).

What I learned is when the spouse temporarily wins like this, I’m the bigger winner in the long run, as I get continue the hobby and dump more $$$ into higher end specimens :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes:

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
She does 80% of the animal choosing, but 0% of the husbandry (pun intended).

What I learned is when the spouse temporarily wins like this, I’m the bigger winner in the long run, as I get continue the hobby and dump more $$$ into higher end specimens :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes:
Hey, you're preaching to the converted! (although I did pick out the last fish which she now really likes)

D-Nak

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Chicagos definitely can turn more yellow, especially under Kessils. What lights are those under?

Freshwater filter only or is it? Have you ever used an HOB filter on a saltwater tank?

• I currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank.

Votes: 54 25.2%
  • I don’t currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 53 24.8%
  • I have used a HOB on fish only or quarantine tanks, but not on the display tank.

Votes: 52 24.3%
  • I have never used a HOB on a saltwater tank.

Votes: 51 23.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.9%
Back