Classic APEX EB8 issue

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Stylo328

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recently installed my "new to me" classic Apex. Everything was working fine. Yesterday evening the EB8 "3_" started showing 0 Amps on the dashboard and I lost the ability to control the outlets through Fusion. What should I do?

I also have an issue with one of the outlets on the third EB8 "8_" one of the outlets, if used to power the ATI fixture, causes the bulbs to flicker. I switched outlets and the light works fine. I then switched back and the flickering resumed. Should I avoid using that outlet altogether?

Thanks.

OP
OP
Stylo328

Stylo328

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Now all three EB8s are offline on Fusion and lights are not responding either. I have powered down twice for 10+ seconds. With no response.

Please help.

Waterjockey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would start with unplugging the "brain" from the eb8's for a few minutes and plugging it back in.
Can you access the classic dashboard or is that out as well as fusion?

OP
OP
Stylo328

Stylo328

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would start with unplugging the "brain" from the eb8's for a few minutes and plugging it back in.
Can you access the classic dashboard or is that out as well as fusion?

Thank you very much. I did that and unfortunately it didn't help. I then accidentally bumped the cable coming out of the bottom of the control panel and the system came to life. It seems there is a break where the cable attaches to the control pad. I have since disconnected it altogether and the system is back to normal function.

I'm trying to decide wether to buy a new one, send this one to Neptune to be repaired or rely on an amazon fire mounted by the tank.

Look forward to your thoughts.

OP
OP
Stylo328

Stylo328

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I mis wrote above. It is the display module that has the frayed cable. I am currently running the Apex without it. Should I send it in to neptune to be repaired? Any reason that I would need it?

AllSignsPointToFish

"No Longer The Guy Without FaceBook"
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I mis wrote above. It is the display module that has the frayed cable. I am currently running the Apex without it. Should I send it in to neptune to be repaired? Any reason that I would need it?
I don't think you HAVE to have it, it is just a convenience. Check online for a replacement display module before you pay to repair the old one.
Amazon has new display modules for $100.

Waterjockey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

The display module is handy if the wifi is down for quick control of equipment. On a minor note, easy to retrieve i.p. address/username/password/tokens factory reset etc from display module. I'd keep my eye open for one cheap

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 99 76.2%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 11.5%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 6.2%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

• I don’t have any fish in my tank.

• Other.

Back