Closeup HQ Video of N.Wennerae Mantis Shrimp!

OP
OP
SauceyReef

SauceyReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very cool- they terrify me
Thank you! This species stays pretty small. I think max size about an average males index finger as opposed to the peacocks that can get near the size of someone's forearm and break a tank. I still get weary when I am putting my hand in the tank and doing maintenance. I got punched by one many years back.

OP
OP
SauceyReef

SauceyReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How did it feel to get punched lol? Thinking of keeping one... is it hard? @SauceyReef
It broke my nail, but did not hurt much at all ! The outside of the fingernail took most of the damage and was somewhat cracked/splintered with a look like a bullet through glass.

They definitely need good water params and I think should only be attempted by a more experienced reefer because the nature of all of them being wild caught and sensitive to params. Still really fun experience if you think you can handle the challenge and give it a good life! Just remember every mantis we buy prevents one from having a life and breeding in the wild.

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 23 35.4%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 7 10.8%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 22 33.8%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 11 16.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 3.1%
Back