Clown fell behind tank up against wall

Court_Appointed_Hypeman

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ill keep thw atory vwey short, but a clown fell behind my tank with just enough soace for him to fall, had to figure out what to do and move it to grab him before I got him back into the water, was about 4 to 7 minutes.

He was dusty af but seems just fine. Anything I should specifically keep an eye out for? He fell about 5 1/2 feet straight from the top of the overflow to the ground.

I had no idea I could so easily move the ~ 1200 lbs of tank without draining, I was dreading ever having to move it but it was pretty easy.

sunken3

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ill keep thw atory vwey short, but a clown fell behind my tank with just enough soace for him to fall, had to figure out what to do and move it to grab him before I got him back into the water, was about 4 to 7 minutes.

He was dusty af but seems just fine. Anything I should specifically keep an eye out for? He fell about 5 1/2 feet straight from the top of the overflow to the ground.

I had no idea I could so easily move the ~ 1200 lbs of tank without draining, I was dreading ever having to move it but it was pretty easy.
i guess you got lucky... I have had fish take a fly... just watch to make sure he looks good the next day... they are pretty hardy. My last fish to jump was a trigger behind my 300g... i guess I scared him moving some stuff. I had to get a stick and drag him through dust and salt creep (years of build up behind the tank)... looked a little ragged going in.. next day fine.

sunken3

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Similar situation with a yellow tang. It was out for longer than 10 minutes. It looked like crap when I put him back in. I was convinced he was gone, but the next day like nothing happened.
eels are the best... they can stay out soooooo long. but at some point everything dies

OP
OP
Court_Appointed_Hypeman

Court_Appointed_Hypeman

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was so sad that I would never get to him, tearing down the sump at a half butt attempt to reach him would have taken a half hour. I am so lucky.

Good to hear that this may not be too bad. He swam just fine once I got him back in, but good god the dust glob next to him in the net, and he was still covered, but once I turned the pumps all back on I think he finally got dusted off.

littlefoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

My female clown launched herself out of the tank, hit my lamp and fell straight to the floor about 5 feed down and 2 away from the tank trying to bite me for working in the tank… she was completely fine after plopping her back in the tank. Your guy should be okay!

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 32 21.6%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 2 1.4%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 108 73.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 4.1%
Back