clown fish books

mbunaman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The First one I have read and is very informative. If you want to start breeding clowns that is a very informative book.

OP
OP
msman825

msman825

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They are awesome. Easy to read and understand.

OP
OP
msman825

msman825

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
theres more too it than most folks think for sure. very netpicky. I made it home coralnutz you getting snow??

OP
OP
msman825

msman825

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
WoW, It's been very nice here today. Calm before the storm i quest. were supost to get it tomorrow. Oh well gotta do some catchin up anyways.

Azurel

Morpharian Maffia Hitman
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the second one, cost me $80 cause it was out of print for the longest time.....That book will tell you the ins and outs of breeding clown fish. The other book I have on clowns is Clownfish and their symbiont anemones by Faust I think. That is a good one too...

OP
OP
msman825

msman825

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Azurel, How you been? 80 bucks, Wow I only paid 50 for the pair up above. I think i saw that other book your talking about on there also

ficklefins

Super Duper Moderator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got the first one thinking that I would try and breed clowns. That idea went out the door real quick!

I keep it because it is a great resource for different clown types. I still want to get my hands on some Amphiprion latezonatus. Beautiful fish.

OP
OP
msman825

msman825

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Azurel

Morpharian Maffia Hitman
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Actually I think that it could work although in a much bigger tank, I don't like that different species of anemones that he has mixed as that is usually a disaster. One of the things though that would and could possibly ease tensions is the fact that there are so many anemones and each clown picks one and defends it. This would reduce a bit of aggression cause in the natural state of things on the reef clowns will vary rarely leave farther then a foot of 2 from the anemone in which they host. so in a larger tank I can see something like this as a possibility to to the lack of interaction during most of the photo period between the different species of clowns. The set up he has now is most likely going to be a disaster in the end if A. anemones start to die off and clowns fight for a symbiont or there is an unseen death that spikes the water parameters and causes mass death due to over population which will crash the tank and once anemones start to die off that is a big mess.....I am still getting over an anemone death that didn't go noticed until 2 days after the anemone crawled into the rock work and began to melt.....I think that has been the lead to some of my algae problems.....

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 36 24.5%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 50 34.0%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 43 29.3%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 14 9.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.7%
Back