Clown fish bump on chin

Neil scott

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all fellow reefers

Just like to say merry Xmas to use all and hope use have a great day, ime from Scotland in the uk so only been on this forum once.
My clown has a big white bump on her chin and wandering if anyone has encountered this before, tanks not long been setup and I have 4 fish with no corals, it started on her side like wee white clusters which I thought might be lymph, I treated with polyp lab medic and within two weeks it cleared, but this white bump has appeared on her chin and seems to be getting bigger, any information would be much appreciated.
IMG_4612.jpeg

ryanjohn1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Gonna have to provide pictures under white light for the fish docs that are here bud

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That does look like it could be Lymphocystis. Another thing that can happen is that exposed points of a fish, like the chin, develop “calluses” after continuing abrasions. A more proper term might be granuloma. Have you seen this clown rub its chin on anything?
Jay

OP
OP
Neil scott

Neil scott

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That does look like it could be Lymphocystis. Another thing that can happen is that exposed points of a fish, like the chin, develop “calluses” after continuing abrasions. A more proper term might be granuloma. Have you seen this clown rub its chin on anything?
Jay
Hi jay
Thanks for your input, haven’t seen her rub her chin, I’ve had them for 5 weeks and there was a lot of fighting between the two of them, they seem to have calmed down now, there was nothing on her chin when we first got them but it all started with small white clusters on her side which started to clear up, still got a small bit which you can see in the pictures, then this on her chin appeared and started getting bigger, doesn’t seem to bother her at the moment and she eats like a horse when I feed them, very mysterious ‍♂️

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 37 15.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 5.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 12.9%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 135 58.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 16 6.9%
Back